The Official App for Grand Teton National Park and Jackson Hole from the Grand Teton Association and the National Park Service. Includes the essential information you need to know to plan your trip to the Tetons, or experience the park without leaving the house.
No cell signal? No problem. Everything is accessible without a cell signal for use within the park – even the maps.
• Favorite destinations, and activities available in each place
• Recreation guide with top hikes, paddling sites, family activities and ideas for indoor fun
• Stunning photos
• A park map that includes all of the roads and many trails in the park.
• Locations of services within the park such as visitor centers, restrooms and concessions.
• Safety guidelines, and tips – including wildlife viewing information, directions and safety, and much more.
• Complete guide to lodging, dining and shopping in Grand Teton
• Complete list of campgrounds and amenities for car/RV camping in the park
Easily things to see and do near your location.
Save places to your “favorites” for trip planning and easy access.
Visit the in-app store to add more Teton guides to your app, like:
• Day Hikes & Short Walks - details of over 45 hikes, in addition to those featured in the free Recreational Activities guide.
• Scenic Drives and Roadside Views – top drives, views and picnic areas
• History and Nature – wildlife, wildflowers, geological features, weather and historical sites
• Wildlife of the Grand Tetons
• Common Wildflowers of the Grand Tetons
Added Jackson Hole History guide
Ratings and Reviews
The constantly crashes when trying to use it to learn about the park, either with the simple app features or the in-app purchases. One can't even get to the 'report issues' section of the app because it crashes. There is no app support by the developer as the issue has existed for over a year.
Pretty Good After Resolved Issue
UPDATE: The problem below appears to be fixed as I was now able to install the Day Hikes & Short Walks guide. While I'm still a bit annoyed that I paid an extra dollar, I realize that this is not the developer's fault and that - whether they did anything or not - the issue was resolved today. Hey, it's only a buck but it's the principle. Moving on past that, I really am liking the app a lot. Would like to see the hikes color-coded and outlined better on the maps but, all in all, it's packed with great info and I really recommend it!
I purchased the Recreational Bundle, in-app, for about $4 but the "Day Hikes & Short Walks" guide never downloaded no matter what I did. I even accidentally purchased it separately so yet another $1 spent. I thought if you've already bought the bundle it wouldn't charge you again? So my QUESTION FOR THE DEVELOPERS IS THIS: HOW DOES PROBLEM
EXIST? DON'T YOU KNOW ABOUT IT? PLEASE FIX, AND LET ME DOWNLOAD WHAT I BOUGHT. I'm all for supporting the parks, but not like this.
Other than that, I like the app. I will rate it 3.5 - 4 stars when this issue is addressed.
A lot of info and it's free!
Conveniently packages a lot of information about Grand Teton NP in one location. Easy to search. Great to see this type of help for our beautiful national parks.
- Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- 95 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Content Copyright 2011-2013 Grand Teton Association. Application Copyright 2011-2013 Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Best of the Grand Tetons $2.99
- Scenic Drives & Roadside Views $0.99
- Day Hikes & Short Walks $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.