IF YOU PURCHASED GTA: CHINATOWN WARS HD, PLEASE CHECK YOUR ITUNES PURCHASE HISTORY AND RE-DOWNLOAD. IT HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH THE SAME GREAT FEATURES AS THIS VERSION.
LEFT FOR DEAD IN THE WORST PLACE IN AMERICA
Following his father's murder, Huang Lee has a simple mission: deliver an ancient sword to his Uncle Kenny to ensure his family retains control of the Triad gangs of Liberty City. Huang is a spoiled rich kid who expects everything to run smoothly, but his trip does not go exactly as planned. After being robbed and left to die, he will search for honor, riches and revenge in the most dangerous and morally bankrupt city in the world.
Built specifically for portable devices, the groundbreaking Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars has been updated for iOS devices to provide an enhanced and more immersive experience.
- Universal App! Play on all your supported iOS devices*
- Full Retina Display resolution support
- Support for MFi controllers
- Updated, highly customizable touchscreen controls
- Epic storyline with tons of side-missions, addictive mini-games and hidden collectibles
- Choose from five radio stations or create your own with custom playlist support**
Languages Supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese.
*Requires iOS 7.0 or greater.
**To listen to your own music library in-game, create a playlist titled "GTA" in iTunes, sync your iOS device and select the “Independence FM” radio station while playing.
Updated iOS Version developed by War Drum Studios
Find out more:
Expanded Retina Screen support
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, my personal favorite GTA
I love GTA Chinatown Wars, and it's nice to see that it's been kept up to date. I've played through this game a couple of times—on my PSP, and the on my iPod touch. Now I'm playing on my new iPad, but something kind of bugs me.
The PSP version had noticeably better graphics than the iOS version at the time. While that isn't quite the case now (as the iOS version can run at much higher, crisper resolutions), the PSP version still has better lighting effects. Night had a great atmosphere in the PSP version, especially during police chases. In this version, night just feels flat. The lack of the lighting effects that are in the PSP version doesn't make much sense to me considering how much more powerful iOS devices are compared to it, but oh well. Would be great if those were added in.
Great story!! ( especially at the end ) and very unique GTA
GTA Chinatown Wars is one of my favorite games the story is really good it’s different from other GTA’s it’s fun trading drugs and driving is difficult at first but when you get the hang of it you’ll enjoy all the other unique things that other GTA’s don’t have. In my opinion it’s much more playable then other GTA’s for iPhone such as San Andreas it’s to annoying to shoot and walk or do anything but Chinatown wars is very playable and fun it was definitely worth it
Good but one small problem
When I’m in a fire truck, ambulance or cop car and I turn on my sirens cars don’t move out of the way. So it’s hard to make it through traffic without crashing because your going really fast. If you are looking for a good GTA game this is a unique game. It’s 3D in a 2D view? You get what I’m saying?? Overall very good game but can you upgrade how the building and other things look. They look really blurry
- Rockstar Games, Inc.
- 879 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Rockstar Games 2009
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.