Grandstream Wave is a FREE softphone application which allows users to make and receive voice/video calls through their business or residential SIP accounts on any iOS device (version 8.0+) from anywhere in the world, via either cellular data or WiFi. This application supports integration of up to 6 SIP accounts, 6-way voice conferencing, and allows users to monitor their IP PBX (such as Grandstream's UCM6100 series IP PBX & UCM6510 IP PBX) while utilizing speed dial with up to 24 virtual BLF keys. Grandstream Wave also supports advanced SIP telephony features including call transfer, LDAP phonebook integration and more. With Grandstream Wave, business and residential users always have access to their SIP lines and can easily keep in touch with business or personal contacts without using expensive cellular data plans.
Key Features & Technical Specifications:
• Supports Video, Hardware encode/decode, up to 720P
• Supports G.711µ/a, G.722 (HD-audio), G.726-32, GSM, iLBC and Opus codecs
• SIP-based softphone
• Requires iOS 8.0+
• Can be used over cellular data connection or WiFi
• Strong security features including SIP over TLS and 128/256-bit SRTP
• Supports 6 SIP accounts, up to 6-way audio conference, and 24 virtual BLF keys
• Native integration with mobile devices including contacts, call history and ringtones.
• Enterprise features including IP PBX integration, BLF, call transfer/pickup, call recording with UCM, LDAP
• Automatic call forwarding based on time and location rules
• Powerful NAT traversal options including automatic NAT discovery, STUN and UPnP
• Automatic provisioning including XML provisioning and 2-D barcode scan
• Fully customizable skins and themes for optional branding needs
• Voice channel switching between Bluetooth, earphone, speakerphone & 3.5mm headset
• Users can view info of Incoming & Outgoing calls and missed calls in call history
• Telephony Features: Hold, mute, transfer, forward (unconditional/no-answer/busy), call park/pickup, paging, Do Not Disturb (DND), call waiting, call history, flexible dial plan, custom ringtones, server redundancy & fail-over, and Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
1. Fix issues to improve the stability.
Ratings and Reviews
So Power Hungry
I used to love this app when I first got it. Now I feel like a recent update has made this just about unusable. It used 68% of my battery in the last 24 hours and I probably only actually used it 3 times yesterday. Most of that time was the background refresh. It should not take THAT much battery to remain connected in the background.
Developers: if you can’t fix the battery drain, at least provide us with the ability to set hours that it will refresh in the background and crush our battery. I shouldn’t lose 60% battery overnight and wake up with a dead phone just because my phone’s not plugged in.
This app, while in the background, absorbs a huge amount of phone battery. It would seem that the point of it is mostly to be ready for incoming calls, etc. What good is it if there is no battery left to do all the work? If it’s power usage makes it so you don’t have it running in the background, how do you get your calls or messages? Makes it kind of useless, doesn’t it?
There are many apps that do similar work but do not have this problem. How about a nice big update where the power drain is fixed?
Large power drain on iPhone
Drains iPhone battery even when not in use in direct use. I checked my battery under settings after my battery was less than 20% in 5 hrs. The number 1 app listed was Grandstream Wave at 42% battery usage (background activity). The next highest was mail at 11%. Avoid this app if you want to use your iPhone for more than 6hr.
- Grandstream Networks, Inc.
- 51.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Grandstream Networks, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.