Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The legendary Graph Builder™ has been developed with over two decades of industry collaboration, is the first graphing application available for Mac OSX, is also available for the iPad and is VVI's flagship product. It is a powerful application rich in graphic editing, creation and programming to facilitate the visualization of information. It has a good complement of 2D and 3D graph features, a full-fledged user interface and is programmable. Paste data into table editors, write scripts to generate data, load a Xcode plugin you write for extraordinary data generation and to retrieve data from external sources. Use the generous GUI tools to fine-tune data presentations, add graphics and figures, layout entire pages, drag-and-drop pre-made charts and a whole lot more. Read the integrated and searchable manual to discover new and unique ways to present your ideas and data.
• Graphs: Linear, One to Sixteen Y Axis Linear, Log, Semi-Log (X and Y directions), Log-Log, Full-Cycle and Sub-Cycle Log, Polar, R-Log Polar, Date, One to Sixteen Linear Y Axis X-Date, Date-Log and 3D Rectilinear Perspective.
• Data Graphics: Function (Line), Scatter, Trajectory, Heat Map, Vector Map, 3D Surface, 3D Scatter and 3D Density (Volumetric), Bubble.
• Chart Tasks: Chart tasks take data and make graphs. You can make a simple line graph to more unusual polar-heat-map graphs.
• Data Attributes: Dashes, markers and labels. Unlimited capabilities to make new markers and end caps.
• Graph Attributes: There are a large amount of tunable graph attributes including grid and subgrid color, width, dash, limit values, tick and subtick placements, color, length, width, label format, frame and background color, title values and placement, font type and size, label angles, offsets and gaps.
• General Graphics: Line, Rectangle, Oval, Parallelogram, Circle, Ellipse, Pie Wedge, Curve, Polygon, Cubic Bezier Sections, Path, Label and Image graphics.
• General Attributes: Shadow, diffusion, gradients and standard fill and stroke type effects.
• Real-Time: Attributes edit and change in real time. 3D graphics rotate and update in realtime.
• Editing: Point-wise vertex and spline knot editing, smoothing, a large quantity of direct attribute inspector editing, rotate, skew, copy, paste, delete, etc.
• Palettes: Includes standard palettes for drag and drop creation and the ability to create your own palettes.
• Export and Import: Export figures to PDF, print them, or copy the data directly. Importing data is as simple as pasting a space delimited sequence of numeric text values. Export high resolution images into your favorite applications like Power Point.
• Documents: Stores results in a Graph Builder document.
• High-Level Design: You are never trapped into a limited design. For example, you can have any marker because markers are graphics and the editing and graphic design is recursive.
• Metadata: Assign metadata for Spotlight use.
• Scripts: Generate data, move and animate graphics dynamically using the built-in script engine.
Standard OS X services (included with Graph Builder)
• Quick Look and Spotlight Plugins: Quickly browse and search all Graph Builder documents on your computer using familiar tools that utilize Quick Look and Spotlight services such as the Finder.
Network Graphing Server
• Preference option turns on the built-in graphing server.
• Display dynamic and programmed results over the web (requires a web server*).
Programming (requires Xcode*)
• Plugin: Load a plugin you write with Xcode to integrate your own codebase and algorithms.
• Application: Use Xcode and Graph Builder to develop your own graphing applications (requires a separate license).
• Manual: The integrated manual explains features, is searchable and includes a table of contents and other browsing features.
iPad (requires Graph IDE*)
• Work with documents on your iPad or the Mac.
* separately available.
What's New in Version 12.0.9
• Designed for Yosemite and Mavericks.
• Please report any deficiency in Graph Builder to firstname.lastname@example.org - no matter how small or big you may think it is. Your input is appreciated.
• Finalized codebase refactoring and continued to analyze multi-step interaction deficiencies.
• Fixed a table edit deficiency (If the single-cell editor entry contained an invalid string and it was committed then the table value for that entry would be correctly not updated, however the display in the cell would be the invalid string).
• Fixed a jiggle problem (If a document was not edited, the cursor was over a navigation cell, the jiggler did not complete and the user typed command-w then the document would crash - although the document files would be intact).
• Fixed an image problem (If an image tool was used to make an image graphic, a new image was opened, the image reference was not made internal, Graph Builder was sandboxed, the document was saved and Graph Builder was quit then upon opening that document it would crash Graph Builder - this did not happen in the non-sandboxed version).
• General bug fixes.