Graphic - illustration and design
By Indeeo, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Graphic is a full-featured graphic design and illustration application for iPad. True desktop-class editing and illustration tools on the go.
"...the iOS’ answer to Adobe Illustrator" - Padgadget
"Finally, Professional Vector Editing Comes to the iPad; 9/10" - AppStorm.net
"Numerous options; easy to use" - Macworld
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create complex designs quickly and easily, even on the go.
Easily share designs with the Mac and iPhone versions of Graphic using iCloud or Dropbox.
- Photoshop PSD import/export
- PDF and SVG import/export
- Layer FX - shadows, glows, multiple strokes and fills, etc.
- Multi-color linear, radial, and angle gradients
- Shape libraries
- Dimension labels with precision settings
- Boolean path combinations
- Canvas scale, Rulers, and units (mm, cm, inches)
- Pen tool multi-point selection and editing
- Smart alignment guides and point snapping
- Magnifier Loupe
- Dropbox Integration
Layers, Text, Images, Object Groups, Multi-color Gradients, RGB / HSB / Hex color pickers, Brushes, Bezier Pen Tool, customizable Canvas Styles, Grid and Smart Guide Snapping, Image Masking, vector-based PDF and SVG file import/export, and much more!
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching
- Essential set of shape tools
- Multiple Layers allowing you to create complex designs
- Powerful Pen tool for creating custom shapes
- Color picker wheel / RGB and HSB sliders / Hex colors
- Magnifier Loupe
- Eraser Tool
- Unlimited Layers
- Linear, radial, and angle multi-color gradients
- Multi-style text support, TrueType (.ttf) font import
- Text gradients and text path clipping
- Convert Text to Paths, Place Text on Path
- Apply shadows and effects to shapes, text, and images
- Rotate, scale, and shear transform tools
- Snap to Grid, Smart Alignment Guides, and Point Snapping
- Line dash and arrow styles
- Image fill masking and cropping
- Canvas Styles
EXPORT / SHARE
- Export drawings as vector-based PDF and SVG files
- Export layered Photoshop PSD files
- Export transparent PNG or JPEG images
- Save and Import from Dropbox
- Sync designs using iCloud
- Save designs to your Photos Library
- Send designs via email
- Send designs directly to other iPad application
- Copy and paste to and from other iPad applications
- AirPrint document printing
What's New in Version 3.2.5
- Performance and stability improvements
- Additional improvements to iCloud file syncing on iOS 10
I seem to remember this app being a lot easier to use before AutoDesk bought it and put their own touches on the user interface. Their choices in UI are largely why I don't, or won't use their Sketchbook app. Anyway, I seem to remember being able to find the "unite" and "subtract" shape tools more easily under the previous ownership. At this very moment, I had been using it to create vector text for a small business logo, but the app keeps crashing without saving all of my work. Imagine the Microsoft Office 2004 experience in Windows XP Service pack 1, running 512mb of RAM, only on an iPad Pro. Maybe it's just my iPad, and looking at the reviews, there are plenty of people who love this app, but just the same, a well intentioned experience means nothing when you've got a deadline. Now if I could only remember the name of that other vector app I used to use...
Excellent App In A Non-Competitive Market
This app stands alone against watered down wanna-be's and of course adobe who are afraid to lose a buck, avoiding to deliver a decent mobile version of their product. Until Affinity Designer decides to take a shot at the iOS App Store, the reigning king of the mobile design world belongs to Auto Desk. This app is loaded with the essentials you need to get any design finished at your finger tips. Like everything in this world this app does come with its cons which to me the only thing I've personally dealt with is a couple sessions fore closing here and there. Overall this app deserves all the credit its been receiving and then some. Its the answer to a lot of problems designers have been facing with over the years when it comes to mobility.
Better than Adobe Illustrator
After working with Graphic on the iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil for a while, I have found I love this app and use it much more than I do Adobe illustrator for 95% of my work. Graphic has almost all of the tools I use regularly and the interface is so easy and simple (unlike Illustrator that has so much fru fru that it is often difficult to do the simplest tasks). I still use Illustrator on the Mac (and there really is not a good Illustrator version for the iPad, so Graphic fills this need very nicely).
Kudos to Graphic developers. You listened (and support has been great, unlike being left in the dark by bloated Adobe which is like another Microsoft that hides from customers and needs).