By Spencer Uresk
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Graphical Http Client is a utility to help you test and interact with REST-based web services. It is lightweight, easy-to-use, and has the following features:
- Set request headers and body, then see the response body and headers
- JSON responses are automatically formatted for you (XML and other formatters coming soon!)
- Ability to set username and password if your services require authentication
- View HTML responses in an embedded web view
- Images are automatically displayed for you
- Save time by saving requests and re-using them later
- Easily copy response headers and bodies
I'm really interested in your feedback and what features you may need. To suggest new functionality, visit:
What's New in Version 1.0.8
- Fixed an issue where PATCH was selected by default in the drop-down menu for new requests, rather than GET.
- Changed the response decoding behavior when a Content-Encoding header isn't included in the response - UTF8 will now be used in that situation.
- Added larger, and slightly different app icon. Updated document icon.
The most important feature about this application is NOT that it's got shiny eye candy or fancy text highlighting - it's because IT JUST WORKS. Other tools claim to have all the same features, but they periodically fail when you use gzip or some sort of trick character encoding. I've never had to worry about those things with this application. Used it for over a year now with great success. The developer is excellent at keeping it up to date and adding new features. Where other applications fail, this one doesn't.
A very nice tool for API developers
I have been developing HTTP-based APIs for a many years now and I was used to testing these APIs by usign a combination of curl and various web browsers. The Graphical HTTP Client fits very nicely as a replacement for these. Graphical HTTP Client makes it very easy to create all manner of requests, modify headers and inspect the responses in nicely formatted text.
I would love to see an expanded history feature where all of the request (and last response data) are stored so that with a double-click, a previous request can be re-made quickly.
This tool saves me a lot of time and is well worth the money. Great job. Thanks.
I had been using some web-based rest testing clients but all felt clunky once i had to use one heavily during development. Went looking for a native client and Graphical HTTP Client was simple and extremely effective. Very worth the price. The only minor issues i ran into ended up being user error yet when i emailed for support the developer responded proptly and kindly pointed out what i was missing. I don't write many reviews but this app helped me enough i felt guilty NOT writing one.