Graphing Linear Equations
By Brainingcamp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everything you need for teaching and learning: (1) Narrated lesson (2) Practice questions (3) Virtual manipulative (4) Challenging game
1. Learn that a linear equation is an equation whose graph is a straight line.
2. Understand how linear functions can be written in slope-intercept form.
3. Learn how to calculate the slope of a linear function and discover the properties of different slope values.
4. Investigate the y-intercept as the point where a graph intersects the y-axis.
▪ Lesson with visual models and audio narration to make abstract concepts concrete
▪ Questions to practice what was learned
▪ Virtual manipulative for hands-on discovery learning
▪ Game to interactively apply understanding
▪ Alignment with state and Common Core standards
▪ Suitable for ages 9-14
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Fixed an issue with the y-axis labels
- Fixed an issue with Question #3
Thanks to all the kind folks who reported these problems.
A must have for common core!
I used this publisher's apps last year in a traditional classroom using air sever. They are by FAR some of the best apps I have used and I will likely buy every one they make following this format. This year I teach independent study in grades K-12. I was sick today and wanted to teach two students about Linear Equations and immediately looked to see what this publisher had. To my delight I found another app. The app itself includes a direct instruction lesson. The lesson also has built in manipulatives. Students can interact with this lesson to learn more about the concept. The lessons can be replayed. You can write directly on the lessons and more. Next there is a quiz, students can test their knowledge on the concept and also review the quiz afterwards. That is only half the app. There is more challenging components to each lesson. This app can be used whole class using air server and you pass the iPad around. It can be used small group for collaborating with other students and it can be used independently. It will not matter how you want to use it. You won't have to dig any manipulatives out of a box. Everything is built into the app. Please keep the price down so I can buy them all. I have notbeen disappointed yet. I will keep sharing your apps with everyone. They are very well made. I wish you had one for all the CC standards. I will definitely keep buying them if you do. Best money I have spent out of pocket as a teacher.
Helpful lessons and exercises. It could use some variety and different problems so students do not repeat/see the same 10 questions, but overall a good app to start the lesson.
Anything data management it's perfect!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 25, 2014
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brainingcamp, LLC
- © Brainingcamp, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.