By American Association for the Advancement of Science
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Gravity Launch, where you will pilot a rocket in a series of challenging missions to dock with space stations.
Adjust your launch point to send your spaceship out in the right direction and your thrust to give your craft more (or less) oomph. But remember! Earth and the moon both have gravity that must be overcome in order not to wreck your ship before you reach your destination.
Start out with Get to Orbit and Land on the Moon missions to perfect your technique with the controls and then go forth on the mission of your choosing. They're divided into three levels of difficulty.
Play on your own or race against a friend!
· Single-player mode: Three levels, each containing four games
· Two-player mode: Four games of increasing difficulty ready for head-to-head play
· Free play: The Gravity Launch equivalent of a Zen sand garden, where you can create interesting patterns
· Educational information about gravity
· Customizable colors and in-game snapshot button
· Sign in option for multiple users sharing one iPad
This app was developed by AAAS/Science NetLinks, a free online resource for teachers and students. For more science activities and interactives visit sciencenetlinks.com
It's a fun simulation game. It's cool to see how changing launch points and thrust change your path. I wish the simulations ran a little slower so it was easier to see, but that's just me. The UI looks and feels like an older game, but most educational games aren't flashy, so that's the genre I suppose. But all in all, it's really fun. Good job, AAAS!
This is a really fun game. The easy levels were pretty easy but the intermediate and advanced games were challenging. I like being able to change the colors of the paths (black and red are my favorites).
What a fun & educational game!
Gravity Launch puts the dynamics of physics and space travel right at your fingertips.
With cool graphics and action, gamers get to experience the complexities of traveling through space.
A great way to mix gaming and education.
- Category: Education
- Released: Feb 12, 2013
- Version: 1
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Association for the Advancement of Scienc
- © 2013 American Association for the Advancement of Science
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.