"WILD COMBINATIONS, USEFUL EVERYDAY TECHNIQUES AND GENUINELY BRILLIANT, INTERESTING RECIPES" James Ramsden, The Times.
The very first Great British Chefs iPad app features 12 of the most exciting and creative chefs working in Britain today. The chefs, all of whom have been awarded Michelin stars, include Marcus Wareing, Nuno Mendes, Tom Aikens, Frances Atkins, Pascal Aussignac, Daniel Clifford, Simon Hulston, Nathan Outlaw, Shaun Rankin, James Sommerin, Agnar Sverrisson, and Martin Wishart.
Putting 180 recipes in the palm of your hand, the app delivers every course, from canapés to mains and petit fours. Extravagant conversation starters like ‘Stuffed tulips’ and ‘Bubblegum panna cotta’ sit alongside classic combinations such as ‘Scallops with Ibérico ham and parsley foam’, ‘Marinated mackerel with beetroot, hazelnuts and horseradish’ or ‘Oxtail stew with olives’.
Matthew Fort, judge on the Great British Menu, comments:
“Haven't you always wanted to have a chef in your kitchen? That's what this app does. Not quite literally, of course, but it brings together the recipes and advice of some of the finest chefs in the country. It's fantastic if you can whip up dinner any day during the week for friends and family, but we all need inspiration; fresh ideas; new recipes when we want to cook something really special. The Great British Chefs app is where you can find them.”
- New, improved design and navigation, compatible with iOS8.
- 180 beautifully photographed recipes, including canapés, starters, mains, desserts and petit fours, with ingredient lists, cooking times, equipment, wine recommendations and clear method steps.
- Intuitive navigation and search functionality so you can find the perfect recipes for you, whether searching by ingredient, course, complexity or chef.
- Making the cooking process easier, the cooking mode function allows you to focus clearly on one step at the time.
- Easily share all of the recipes with friends via email, facebook and twitter.
- Full information on all the chefs and their restaurants, including booking contact details.
- A series of ‘how to’ films for particularly tricky stages of recipes.
- The easy-to-use shopping list allows you to combine all recipes and view the ingredients by aisle and email yourself or a friend the list if you prefer paper.
- Metric to US Imperial switch.
GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
We founded Great British Chefs in 2010, because we are passionate about phenomenal food and are inspired by the creativity and brilliance of professional chefs. We wanted to showcase the story of these amazing people - not just the ones on TV but the ones who day in, day out are producing incredible dishes in their restaurant kitchens.
Based in London (UK), over the last few years we’ve published almost two thousand recipes and hundreds of videos across a series of apps and online at Great British Chefs - you can find out more here:
Bug fixes for iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty much perfect
The app is awesome, only thing that would make it better is being able to access my binder from the website through the app. Other than that, it’s perfection.
Would feel better using this app if I had paid for it. The fact that it's so well presented means it gets more than five stars.
Great cooking method
Congratulations, one of the best, very professional
- Great British Chefs Ltd
- 472.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Great British Chefs 2014
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.