Great River Road Trail
By Designsensory, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Great River Road app
Along Great River Road Trail, you'll encounter small towns full of history, local fare bursting with flavor, and natural areas brimming with wildlife. Perhaps the biggest attraction on this trail is the drive itself—a journey through high bluffs, alluvial forest and intriguing bottomland that borders the Mississippi.
Let this app be your guide to more than 64 points of interest along Great River Road Trail. Filter points of Interest by interest category or "favorite" and reorder points of interest to fit your schedule and travel plans. Search points of interest nearest to you or find upcoming events along the trail. With the Great River Road app and a customized trail experience in the palm of your hand, it's time hit the trail!
• View points of interest as a list, tiles or in a map
• "Favorite" points of interest to create a custom trail itinerary
• Share points of interest on Facebook, check in to points of interest or upload a photo
• View points of interest by category and see how many points of interest are included in each category
• Filter points of interest by interest category including What's Nearby, Food & Wine, Nature & Outdoors, Attractions, Sports & Rec, Civil War, History & Heritage, Agritourism or Music & Arts.
• View "Did You Knows?" along the trail for interesting facts about the trail's points of interest
• Click on a point of interest to read a full description, view photos and find contact information
• Find events along the trail throughout the year
• Click on the trail playlist to enjoy trail-related tunes
About Great River Road
Listen to the rushing water of the river and learn about the life and commerce it has carried, and hear Delta blues with roots as deep as native crops. The story of Great River Road Trail, a Discover Tennessee Trails & Byway initiative, is the story of “Old Man River,” always changing with the flow of time and season. Woven into the fabric of Great River Road are the stories of Alex Haley, Issac Hayes, Beale Street, the "Night Riders," and Mud Island.
The Great River Road National Scenic Byway & Trail starts in Memphis, the southwestern most point in the state, and travels to the northwestern border at legendary Reelfoot Lake. The 185.5-mile Tennessee portion of the corridor is a tapestry of history and culture, featuring some of the most scenic areas in the Lower Mississippi Valley. Experience the true history of Tennessee and the United States here, where cotton transformed the South, where brother fought brother in the Civil War, and where the river created a unique culture unlike any other in the world.
What's New in Version 2.01
Updated load speed.
Additional location images.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 16, 2014
- Version: 2.01
- Size: 15.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Designsensory, Inc.
- © 2014 Designsensory, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.