Great Smoky Mountains National Park - The Official Guide (Best of Bundle)
By Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official app for Great Smoky Mountains National Park - A "best of" bundle with 6 Guides from the Great Smoky Mountains Association – everything you need to plan and make the most of your trip to the Smokies.
**Your purchase benefits the park!**
Everything is accessible without a cell signal for use within the park – even the maps!
Smokies Visitor Guide
A great overview of the Smokies, featuring things to do, see, know and services, and contains a wide range of items such as:
• Favorite destinations like Cades Cove, Clingmans Dome, Roaring Fork, Oconaluftee Area, Fontana Dam, Cataloochee, Blue Ridge Parkway, Chimneys Picnic Area and many more.
• A map that includes all the trails and roads in the park.
• Locations of services within the park such as visitor centers, restrooms and concessions.
• Concerns, guidelines, and tips—including bear behavior, directions, how to avoid the crowds, weather, bug concerns and much more.
• Guides to popular recreation in the park such as auto touring, camping, picnicking, horseback riding, and more.
Auto Touring Favorites
Guide to the best main roads and backroads in the park. It covers all areas of the park and all elevations including Balsam Mountain & Heintooga Ridge Area, Cades Cove Area, Cataloochee Valley, Newfound Gap Road, Roaring Fork Area and Backroads & Byways.
Black Bears in the Smokies
Get the facts about black bear behavior and feeding, and how the park manages the bear population.
Cades Cove Tour
Enjoy nature and history on the Cades Cove loop road and the Cable Mill area in this 18-stop auto tour. Also containing a self-guided walking tour in the Cable Mill area with nine historic structures, both tours are great for bicyclists, too.
Day Hikes Favorites
Hike 32 of our favorite trails with these directions to the trailheads. Whether you’re in the mood for a short stroll, visiting a waterfall, taking in mountain views, or enjoying a peaceful old-growth forest, this guide has a day hike for you. Distance, difficulty and trail highlights are also included.
Self-Guiding Nature Trails
This guide features 11 pleasant walks (most under a mile) showcasing the forests, wildflowers, waterfalls and historical sites of the park. Contains Balsam Mountain Nature Trail, Cades Cove Nature Trail, Clingmans Dome Nature Trail, Cosby Nature Trail, Cove Hardwood Nature Trail, Elkmont Nature Trail, Fighting Creek Nature Trail, Noah "Bud" Ogle Nature Trail, Smokemont Nature Trail, Spruce-fir Nature Trail and Sugarlands Valley All-Access Nature Trail.
Hike or drive to our 13 favorite waterfalls with this guide. Featuring geology and waterfall safety, this is the essential waterfall guide for the Smokies.
Notable features of the app include:
Easily filter items while in the park using “around me,” which finds items within 5 miles of your location (without a cell signal).
Save things to do, see, know, services, places and preferred guides to your “favorites” for easier access.
Share experiences with friends via Facebook.
Visit the in-app store to customize your app content and make your trip to the Smokies a unique and memorable experience. Available through the in-app store are:
• Black Bears in the Smokies: bear behavior, diet, safety tips and food storage tips
• Cades Cove Day Hikes: 9 best day hikes in the Cades Cove area
• Clingmans Dome Walking Tour: terrain, geology, geography and history
• Deep Creek Hikes: 7 day hikes in the interconnected trail system of the Deep Creek area
• Mountain Farm Museum Self-Guiding Tour: history and historic buildings of the open-air museum
• Newfound Gap Road Auto Tour: guided 31-mile auto tour with 32-stops
• Wildflowers: 10 wildflower drives and walks; blooming calendar and identification tips
• An ever-growing selection of guides.
What's New in Version 1.6
November 2013 Updates
Still had to get paper
Very lame app. To charge for this is just wrong. Wanted to have the info for each market on a trail - nope! How bout info for the roaring fork auto trail markers? Nope! Could understand this for free, but total waste of money. Stop at the visitor center and get the paper guides.
Doesn't provide what it promises
I bought this 2.99$ app hoping that it will give the audio tour it promises. Visited the park and couldn't find any audio tour in the app. Considered my money a donation to the park, otherwise I used chimani app
Paid for the app, downloaded it, it doesn't open. What a waste!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 12, 2013
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 128 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- © Content Copyright 2011 Great Smoky Mountains Association. Application Copyright 2011 Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cades Cove Day HIkes$0.99
- Newfound Gap Road Auto Tour$0.99
- Wildflower Favorites$0.99
- Clingmans Dome Walking Tour$0.99
- Deep Creek Day Hikes$0.99
- Mt. Farm Museum Self-Guiding Tour$0.99
- Black Bears in the Smokies$0.99