Great Smoky Mountains National Park - The Official Guide
By Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official app for Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Includes the Visitor's Guide to the Smokies, with more guides from the Great Smoky Mountains Association available through in-app purchase. All the basic information you need to know to plan your trip to the Smokies, or experience the park without leaving the house.
Everything is accessible without a cell signal for use within the park – even the maps!
This Visitor Guide gives you a great overview of the Smokies, featuring things to do, see, know and services, and contains a wide range of items such as:
• Favorite destinations like Cades Cove, Clingmans Dome, Roaring Fork, Oconaluftee Area, Fontana Dam, Cataloochee, Blue Ridge Parkway, Chimneys Picnic Area and many more.
• 38 photos and 2 videos, including a photo gallery.
• A park road map that includes all the roads in the park.
• Locations of services within the park such as visitor centers, restrooms and concessions.
• Concerns, guidelines, and tips—including what to do if you see a bear, bear behavior, directions, how to avoid the crowds, weather, snake and bug concerns and much more.
• Guides to popular recreation in the park such as auto touring, camping, picnicking, horseback riding, and more.
• Share information from the app via Facebook
Easily filter items while in the park using “around me,” which finds items within 5 miles of your location (without a cell signal).
Save things to do, see, know, services, places and preferred guides to your “favorites” for easier access.
Visit the in-app store to customize your app content and make your trip to the Smokies a unique and memorable experience. Available through the in-app store are:
• Auto Touring Favorites - 5 of the best main routes, backroads & byways in the park
• Black Bears in the Smokies - bear behavior, diet, safety tips and food storage tips
• Cades Cove Day Hikes - 9 best day hikes in the Cades Cove area
• Cades Cove Tour - guided auto tour with 18 stops & Mil Area walking tour
• Clingmans Dome Walking Tour - terrain, geology, geography and history
• Day Hike Favorites - 32 of the best loops, waterfalls and easy strolls
• Deep Creek Hikes - 7 day hikes in the interconnected trail system of the Deep Creek area
• Mountain Farm Museum Self-Guiding Tour - history and historic buildings of the open-air museum
• Newfound Gap Road Auto Tour - guided 31-mile auto tour with 32-stops
• Self-Guiding Nature Trails - 11 short, easy walks featuring the best of the park
• Waterfall Favorites - 13 waterfall drives and walks; geology and safety
• Wildflowers - 10 wildflower drives and walks; blooming calendar and identification tips
• An ever-growing selection of guides.
You can also get a bundle of the most popular guides with the Best of the Great Smoky Mountains app. It includes everything in the Great Smoky Mountains Visitor Guide, an enhanced trail map with detailed hiking trails, and 6 of the guides available through the in-app store purchasing.
What's New in Version 1.6
November 2013 updates
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 12, 2013
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 66.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- © Content Copyright 2010,2013 Great Smoky Mountains Association. Application Copyright 2010,2013 Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Best of the Smokies" Bundle - Top 7 Guides to the Great Smokies$2.99
- Park & Trail Map$0.99
- Waterfall Favorites$0.99
- Auto Touring Favorites$0.99
- Day Hike Favorites$0.99
- Cades Cove Tour$0.99
- Cades Cove Day Hikes$0.99
- Newfound Gap Road Auto Tour$0.99
- Clingmans Dome Walking Tour$0.99
- Wildflower Favorites$0.99