Green Screen by Do Ink
By DK Pictures, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in "Best New Apps in Education" in iTunes. Green Screen by Do Ink makes it easy to create incredible green screen videos and images right on your iPad. Classroom-tested by kids and teachers, this app emphasizes ease-of-use and simplicity while still enabling you to get fantastic results. With Green Screen by Do Ink, you can tell a story, explain an idea, and express yourself in truly creative and unique ways.
You know what a "green screen" effect is, right? It's used in the movies to make it look like the actors have landed on an alien planet, and it's used on TV to make it look like your local news announcer is standing in front of an animated weather map. The green screen effect works by combining images from multiple sources into a single video. These images can come from photos or videos in your camera roll, or from the live video camera.
Green Screen by Do Ink has all the features you need to make great green screen videos, including:
• use the live video camera, or import prerecorded videos, photos, and artwork
• combine up to 3 image sources at a time
• record videos in high definition or standard definition formats*
• capture still images and save them to the camera roll
• scrollable timeline makes it easy to sequence your videos and photos
• move image sources around on the timeline
• trim videos on the timeline to keep only the parts you need
• mix audio tracks from your videos and from the live camera
• easy color picker tool to set the chroma key color
• move, scale, rotate, and crop your image sources
• use the front or back camera
• preview your video before you save it
• save recorded videos to your camera roll (and from there to YouTube, email, etc.)
• create multiple projects and reusable templates
Making videos with Green Screen by Do Ink is really fun, and you can use it to make movies that entertain and amaze. But there are loads of practical uses for this app, too! Use it to explain ideas visually, to make more compelling presentations, to tell stories that engage your audience. Whether it’s for fun, for school, or for work, Green Screen by Do Ink makes it easy to express yourself in a unique and captivating way.
Tips for Getting Great Results
You can make a decent green screen video under less than ideal conditions, and you can make a really great video by taking a few extra steps:
1. The quality and color of the backdrop you use makes a difference. Your results can be improved if your backdrop is a bright, fully saturated color and if it's made from a matte, non-reflective material. You can find an inexpensive green muslin backdrop online by searching for a "green screen backdrop".
2. Good lighting helps. You don't need special "movie lights", but you'll find that your results improve when your backdrop and subject are well lit. Minimizing shadows on your backdrop can also help considerably.
3. Make sure that objects in your video (including people and clothing) aren't similar in color to your backdrop - otherwise, they'll be transparent!
4. Consider mounting your iPad on a tripod or stand. Holding your camera still while recording in front of a green screen can improve the quality of your video.
5. Experiment with the chroma key color and sensitivity settings. Getting them right makes a big difference.
*Note that the front-facing cameras on iPad 2 and 3 models don't support HD video; in this case, the app records video at a lower resolution and scales it up.
Created by the team behind www.doink.com, an animation site of 400,000 users worldwide who created 2 million pieces of art, as well as Do Ink Animation and Drawing for the iPad, featured in App Store Essentials: Painting and Drawing" and recipient of the Editor's Choice Award from Children's Technology Review, and Doink Express, an iPhone app for quickly creating animations with photos, drawings, art "props" and sound.
Please send any suggestions, feedback or questions to email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.7.1
New in version 1.7.1:
• Fixed a problem that caused still image captures to be misaligned.
• Additional bug fixes and improvements.
New in versions 1.6 & 1.7:
• Import artwork created in Animation & Drawing by Do Ink directly into your green screen projects.
• Use the new crop tool to select which part of your image sources you want to include.
• Save your Green Screen projects to Dropbox or Google Drive, and import them back into the app at any time. This is a great way to archive your projects and to share them with others.
• Move, scale, and rotate your image sources. The new transform tool lets you adjust the position, size, and orientation of any element in your project.
If you like Green Screen by Do Ink, please take a couple of minutes and give us a good review. As an indie app developer, great word-of-mouth recommendations mean the world to us. Thanks for your support!
I Love This App!
This app is perfect for short film makers. I personally used it to make a Sci-Fi short. I was making it with iMovie, but I realized that I had to greenscreen for any of it! So I quickly downloaded this app, and got to work. It was easy to use, to figure out, and to have fun using. I suggest you get this app! It's completely worth the price.
The main focus of the app is done well: the green screen. However, editing, and just general use of the app is a pain in the neck and more trouble than it's worth. Editing was a nightmare, trying to align everything. Would not recommend, just use a computer with real software.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 30, 2015
- Version: 1.7.1
- Size: 22.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DK Pictures, Inc.
- © 2015 DK Pictures, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.