Green Up Lite
By Angel Cordero Ampuero
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Kids who are inherently interested in the natural world will enjoy growing digital plants in Green Up. It is also a great resource for teachers who want to help their students connect plant anatomy to its physiology.” - iPadGadget
Green Up Lite is the free version of Green Up, an app that allows kids to grow seeds from all around the world in different environments.
As an educational tool, Green Up Lite gives children a hands-on way to learn the basics of ecology, biodiversity, and gardening.
They will be practicing what they learned at school about the parts of a plant and parts of a flower (the full version for iPad provides supporting text.)
They will experiment with concepts like pollination and learn first-hand when it happens during a plant’s life-cycle.
They will grow their own plants; when a plant’s cycle is complete, they can collect the plant in an album.
Lite version components:
- One landscape: Deciduous forest.
- Three seeds, including rosebush, strawberry, and lavender.
- Tools to grow and protect plants, such as a watering can, fertilizer, greenhouses and an insect aspirator.
- A botanical album where the player can collect the plants that have completed their cycle.
Isygames is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
“Green Up Lite”:
- Does not collect or share any personal data.
- Does not contain any ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain social network integration .
- Includes external links to the App Store.
- Includes analytics.
What's New in Version 1.1
Updated for iPhone 5.
iOS 6 related problem fixed.
Great idea but poor implementation
I'm a forest mycologist so I was really excited to check this out. Unfortunately I found the game to be far too cryptic and clumsy to enjoy or learn from. It needs a hefty reengineering for gameplay, interaction, and education. I would go into heavy detail but that's best reserved for a direct email to the developers.
As it stands I think it's more frustrating than educational right now. Glad I just tried the trial version.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 11, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 23.1 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Angel Cordero Ampuero
- © 2012 isygames
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.