GRID 2 Reloaded Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Be fast. Be first. Be famous.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
NOTE: If you experience problems launching the game, check you are signed into Game Center, then try again.
Speed your way to the front as the star driver of ‘World Series Racing’, a disruptive new championship with global ambitions. Hold your nerve and do whatever it takes to win in nerve-jangling duels on mountain roads, experience full-contact sprints through city streets, get sideways in high-stakes drift events and carve your way around famous circuits as you propel WSR to the top of international motorsport.
Learn to master over 70 high-performance rides including supercharged muscle cars, agile open-wheel racers and cutting-edge sports vehicles. Master each car’s unique balance of speed, torque, grip and acceleration and adapt your technique to match the machine for a heightened driving experience that hits the sweet spot between realism and arcade racing.
• Like real life, only better! TrueFeel™ handling emphasizes each car’s unique features for edge-of-control driving that will have you on the edge of your seat.
• Tear up Californian coastal roads, Japanese mountain trails and European city streets in over 70 superb cars that represent the best in automotive engineering.
• Prove yourself in an extensive range of events including white-knuckle drift battles, frenzied elimination races and unpredictable LiveRoutes™ courses, where the track changes as you race.
• Immerse yourself in every race with incredible graphics, spectacular lighting, realistic sound design and advanced AI that takes risks, makes mistakes and is as committed to the win as you are.
• GRID 2 Reloaded Edition contains all the additional content previously released for GRID 2, including the Demolition Derby event, famous tracks such as Spa Francorchamps and over 20 premium cars by manufacturers such as McLaren and Aston Martin.
• Face off against a friend/rival in head-to-head split-screen racing.
Important information regarding GRID 2 Reloaded Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 11GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA Series, Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 9xxx series, NVIDIA 1xx series and NVIDIA 3xx series.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the GRID 2 Reloaded Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/grid2reloaded
© 2013 - 2014 The Codemasters Software Company Limited (“Codemasters”). All rights reserved. Originally developed and published by Codemasters. “Codemasters”®, “Ego”®, the Codemasters logo and “GRID”® are registered trademarks owned by Codemasters. “GRID 2”™, “Codemasters Racing”™ and “RaceNet”™ are trademarks of Codemasters. YouTube and the YouTube logo are trademarks of Google Inc. All rights reserved. By uploading a video to YouTube, you agree to the Terms of Service located at: http://www.youtube.com/t/terms. Powered by Wwise © 2006 - 2014 Audiokinetic Inc. All rights reserved. Ogg Vorbis Libraries © 2013 - 2014, Xiph.Org Foundation. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
• Fixes a physics issue that occurs when using certain cars.
I used to have this game on my old PS3, until I decided to sell it to get a PS4. So, I already knew I liked the game, but I was skeptical about how it would run on my base 2012 MacBook Air 13”. After I bought the game, I was shocked. It runs very smoothly! It isn’t too hard on the battery and it doesnt even get that hot! Not only that, but it fully supports my PS4 controller, so I can play the game on my Mac with my PS4 controller!!! How cool is that? I do get that data corruption message, and it returns me to the title screen, but after I click career again, nothing is actually corrupted. Also, the price is a little high. Considering I could have got GRID Autosport for the same price, the price of GRID 2 should be $30 or so. (Keep in mind, Autosport has much higher requirements)
A downgrade from Grid1
The game runs perfectly on my iMac i7-16mb ram,4gb video.
I can deal with the stupid sensless neon flashing lights that blind you for large periods of time. Even the dumn story line is tolerable.
Cockpit view is NOT an option? c’mon. You can dumb down a good racing simulator and make it Arcade Style, and still leave SOME realism.
The game has nowhere near the realistic driving experience of Grid1. Even with all Assists Off, it drives like you have traction control and stability control compared to Grid1.
But hood view is the worst. You cannot tell when you first start to slide, especially if you have a car with a solid color hood. Its almost impossible to notice subtle turns. You do not have the rising and lowering of camera from acceleration and braking that you do in Grid1.
I’m using a wheel and pedals. Nothing is “wrong” except the game has taken a turn to the “cheesy Asphalt/Need for Speed style” Bring back cockpit view, and the rest can be delt with.
If you want a realistic driving experience stick with Grid1 (and Dirt3 is pretty impressive).
Wish I could give better
I’ved played many racing games, including the first Grid, but this is the first one that has literally thrown a wall up preventing me from progressing. I have not gotten past the first club race(go ahead and laugh).I’ve tried at least 10-15 sessions and multiple times per session to finish this race in the top 3, and each time I end up hitting good ol’ command Q before I throw my controller through my screen. I made it farther in the first game of this series, but this just disgusts me.
Codemasters, this is not fun at all. I’ve owned this game for over 2 months with no progress. So, until I purchase a racing wheel to try that out, I’ll be uninstalling this game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 20, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 6.71 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2014 The Codemasters Software Company Limited (“Codemasters”). All rights reserved. Originally developed and published by Codemasters. Developed and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.2 or later