Grid Diary Classic has been featured by Apple as "New Apps We Love" numerous times. Grid Diary 2 is the long-awaited successor redesigned from the ground up to make keeping a diary even easier while being more powerful.
"Grid Diary is a new way to look at journaling." - AppAdvice
"It’s a well-designed, good-looking and intuitive app with a clear purpose." - InsideMobileApps
Did you ever try to keep a diary but never succeeded?
How to get ongoing, daily benefits from diary, including (but not limited to): gratitude, goal-setting, life-logging, deeply personal self-reflection, and countless warm-fuzzies?
Grid Diary is the answer for you.
Instead of wondering what you should write about each day, Grid Diary is introducing a unique way of writing a diary. It combines powerful diary and planner templates with reflective prompts to help you focus on the areas of life you want to track and flourish in every way.
Grid Diary is not just your average journal. It’s a customizable and flexible planner, organizer, mood tracker, and much more. With the powerful built-in features, you can build your own journal system that helps you cultivating happiness, developing positive habits, chasing your dream… The possibilities are endless. Grid Diary is an excellent choice for gratitude journal, weekly planner, bullet journal, yearly overview, goal tracker, 5-year journal and more.
Many of Grid Diary’s features are free to use, we also offer advanced features, including sync between all your devices, passcode lock and more color themes. All this, and future member-only features, can be unlocked with a single in-app subscription that covers all your devices.
The membership subscription has two options:
• $1.49 monthly, which offers a 3-day free trial
• $14.99 annually, which offers a 2-week free trial
Please note that:
• Price may vary by location.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Having any problems? Any suggestions? We would love to hear from you! You can reach us at support at:
• Terms of Service
1.0.6 - 1.0.7
• Added Cloud Input
• Grid Diary can now remember your sort settings
• Added manual language selection
• Optimized some UIs
• Other bug fixes and improvements
If you like Grid Diary, we would greatly appreciate it if you rate the app on the App Store. It means a lot to us! If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can reach us at support at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
Ratings and Reviews
Not subscription worthy
The original app is great and incredibly helpful. To me, this version just has a few extra unnecessary gimmicks and a subscription only pricing model. I don’t feel the new gimmicks and modest service justify a subscription. I think they would be totally worth a one time in-app-purchase; but no way would I pay an ongoing fee for them.
But I also have to add a “buyer beware” to this review regarding how they are handling the transition from version 1 to version 2. I bought the pro version of the original Grid Diary just 2 months ago only to find out today it will no longer be updated - starting *last* week. Gee, thanks for the warning. I believe developers should be compensated for new releases and understand the need to focus on the new release; but to suddenly cut off updates for customers like myself who paid for the app just a few weeks ago is incredibly disappointing. I believe the fair thing would be to continue maintenance releases for the old version for at least a year so anyone who spent money on it will get a fair return on their investment. By suddenly stopping all updates on the old app, it feels like the dev is trying to force users to spend money on this app.
Developer Response ,
Hello! I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. The new Grid Diary may still look like a diary tool, but it has already upgraded into a diary system designed for self-growth. In the past several years, we realized that our users have developed more demands on the basis of keeping a diary. So to better serve the people who consider keeping a diary as a lifelong habit, we recreated the whole system and adopted the subscription model. This decision will also support us to develop the app in a long term.
In terms of the transition from Grid Diary Classic to Grid Diary 2, we are deeply sorry that we didn't do a good job communicating with our users. We are trying our best to make up for the Pro users. Firstly, if you purchased Classic in the past 90 days, you could request a refund to the App Store. Secondly, we have an upgrade plan for the Pro users - there will be a six-month free trial if you subscribe to the annual membership. At last, if you don't like the new Grid Diary, you could still use Grid Diary Classic. Thank you so much for your understanding.
I’m glad this was done
I liked the last version of the app and I appreciate that nothing was changed or taken away. And wow this new one looks good. Love the journals by the way, didn’t like feeling limited to one default template. This is a good price for the new features. I know it’s not sustainable to have an app that is pay once for stuff like this.
All I ask is that the entries (even prompts and templates but mainly the entries) stay easily exportable. It makes me feel free to invest everything into the app and make it my journaling home without worrying that I’m stuck paying forever or that I’m at the mercy of the developers. Also that the classic app sticks around because people who payed for the previous version (like me, hello!) deserve that. I don’t see why people would complain about this change.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you so much for your understanding and support! Although this new app still needs a lot of improvement, we are trying our best to make it better and better. Hope you have a wonderful journey with Grid Diary!
Love the new version!!!
Absolutely love the new elegant layout and setups! Good job team:)干得漂亮！
I’ve always been hoping to settle on a subscription journaling app since that almost guarantees longer lifecycle of the product. The classics version is good, but I’m worried that it will stop updating at a point. So horraaaay!!! Finally you guys have something out!
I also love the tags and how pics look like in the page with all of my grids. There are also some setups I think have better solutions.
1. The tag system. I think we need a place where we can manage all the tags to sort them in categories and cancel out ones that mean the same thing(this could happen, A LOT). We can also include the proportion of tag categories in the statistics(btw please promise we will have a statistics page).
2. I do recognize that there are a couple of functions that allow us to review our past journal. But they seem to be......scattered in the app. I really do hope that they are all in the same big page( or else it will be just......very confusing where I should go if I want to review).
3. Will we have a shortcut setting enabling us to automatically enter the grid page of a certain journal once we enter the app?
- Xiamen Sumi Network Technology Co., Ltd.
- 49.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2019 Sumi Interactive. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month $1.49
- 1 Year $14.49
- 1 Year $13.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.