By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
GRID™ - Racing on the Mac just got exciting again.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Gear up for the ride of your life with this exhilarating mix of sweet handling, dazzling visuals and blistering speed. GRID puts you behind the wheel of the world’s premiere high-performance race cars and then sets you loose on the world’s most spectacular tracks.
Race your way from the US to Europe and on to Japan in a career mode that sees you advance all the way from rookie to champion. With a shattering damage model, adjustable difficulty settings and a handy “flashback” feature, GRID rides the sweet spot between sim realism and addictive arcade racing.
• Have it both ways! GRID delivers the satisfying challenge of a thoroughbred driving sim along with the instant gratification of an arcade racer.
• Choose your ride! Get behind the wheel of an incredible selection of licenced supercars including the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, the Lamborghini Murcielago R GT and the Aston Martin DBR9.
• Race your way around the world, from American city streets to Japanese mountain roads to prestigious European circuits.
• Master five driving disciplines from the thrill of white-knuckle downhill drift racing to the metal-on-metal havoc of demolition derby.
• Go an extra lap with the 8-Ball and Prestige DLC packs, which soup up the Race Day and online modes with extra cars, new events and a new track.
• Take control of the game with a large selection of supported gamepads and steering wheels.
• Challenge your friends in frenetic LAN and online multiplayer battles!
Important information regarding GRID:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 1.8GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 8GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 330M, NVIDIA 7xxx series and NVIDIA 8xxx series.
• The following cards require you to have 8GB of System RAM: Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 9400 and NVIDIA 320M.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the GRID mini-site at feralinteractive.com/grid
© 2007–2013 The Codemasters Software Company Limited (“Codemasters”). Originally developed and published by Codemasters. All rights reserved. “Codemasters”® is a registered trademark owned by Codemasters. “GRID”™ and the Codemasters logo are trademarks of Codemasters. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. This game is NOT licensed by or associated with the FIA or any related company. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Improved wheel and gamepad support.
• Improved windowed mode support.
• Fixes QuickTime video looping.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
An epic racing title for Mac (Finally!)
I purchased and enjoyed both Asphalt 6 and Real Racing Two, the two majot titles when it comes to Mac racing games. They’re good games, but there was something missing from both of them that the other just couldn’t fulfill.
GRID is by far better than either one of those two. Sure, it’s not a direct competitor with Asphalt 6; it’s not a full-on arcade game. But once you finish the game (which, despite the other reviews, was quite easy to do in normal mode), elements that will please the arcade fans will be unlocked, such as speed boost and repulsor field. As for Real Racing Two, there’s really no advantages it has over GRID. I was never really yhat impressed with Real Racing; you don’t get your own team, the tracks arent real, there’s no real damage, etc.
GRID is such a comprehensive and immersive experience. There are real race cars with real sponsors that you can drive on extremely accurate and mesmerizingly detailed tracks. You get a team. And a teammate. The cars handle beautifully, even if you’re using a simple keyboard. The narration is also very extensive, something I wasn’t expecting at all.
In short: an epic production once again from Feral Interactive. Well worth 25 bucks!
The ONLY Road Racer You Need
Forget RealRacing; forget any other racer on the Mac. GRID is the definitive racer. Don’t let the graphics fool you either, since this game was originally released in the mid 00’s for the Xbox, PS3, and PC. Since it is a bit old, the graphics aren’t up to what we consider modern, but they still trump most any game on Mac at the moment. The physics are a bit arcade-like, but who cares? The damage model is amazing, the career mode challenging and thorough, and the AI is competetive until you cross the line. Compete in Le Mans, Demolition Derby, GT races, street ciruits, and even drift. This game may be getting old, but it doesn’t mean it hasn’t lost its edge. Also, check out Dirt 2, also made by Codemasters; it’s one of the BEST Offroad Racers to date.
I Really Want to Like This Game
I enjoy I a good race car game like any other gamer. Grid has great graphics, good voice actors, plays well on my mac (Haswell MBP 15" 2.3GHz/16GB/512GB/2GB) as it should and a good amount of custimozation with instant replay.
But the game mechanics as others have commented are extremely difficult. Cars spin out of control with the lightest tap of the gas and turn of the wheel while using keyboard controls. It leads me to think that this game is made for users with racing wheel game controlers.
I’d still say the game is worth the download if you’re into racers but understand there’s a large learning curve to driving the cars, and this is game is not for the casual pickup and play game user.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 13, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 7.33 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2007–2013 The Codemasters Software Company Limited. Originally developed and published by Codemasters. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later