Grids brings the best Instagram experience to your Mac, with Stories (first and only app that supports stories!), Direct Message and Large/Fullscreen photo and video viewing.
As featured on TheNextWeb, AppAdvice, iDownloadBlog, DigitalTrends and many others.
* View Stories (pro)
* Direct message (pro)
* Share photos/user profiles/tags/locations via message
* Enlarged view mode allows photo viewing and video playing in large or full screen
* Clean, adaptive UI. Works at full screen as well as widget-sized window.
* Pixel-perfect layout and rendering. Retina display support. Your Instagram photos never looked this gorgeous.
* 4 beautiful layout styles for the pleasure of your eyes
* Picture size as well as spacing and background color can be adjusted to your liking.
* Fastest Instagram browsing experience you will have!
* Switch between multiple accounts seamlessly.
* Like, comment, follow, search people and tags.
* Show users tagged in photo
* Bookmark allows you to bookmark people (without having to follow them), locations, tags and individual photos or videos (without having to like them).
* Get notification when new feed is available and/or when there is new followers/likes/comments/mentions.
* View latest following/news just like on your phone
Note: An Instagram account is required to use this app.
Any feedback and suggestion please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to Instagrammer @daylessday for allowing us to use his Instagram photos for app demo.
- Support filter in DM
- Bug fixes and performance improvement
Ratings and Reviews
best desktop version of instagram you can get!
I’ve tried multiple desktop conversion of instagram app over the years. nothing really reach my expectation until Grids. It is absolutely amazing! it retains all the features you get from the latest mobile phone version instagram and much more. it’s beautifully designed and layout, and makes you feel you are just using an app by instagram, not by a third-party company. It’s intruitive to use, and gets constant software updates to include the latest features of instagram, which most other similar apps fail to do. it’s really worth the money, highly highly recommend!
I’ve found the Holy Grail!
While I’ve used Instagram for about six months now I’ve had to do so with my iPhone in order to take advantage of each of the features. For me, that was a real drag….just as it is for you. Finding Grids was like finding the “Holy Grail”. I can now use my Air or my iMac and take full advantage of everything. I’d like to see spell check and emojis in the next update but this is a fabulous program for the tens of thousands of Apple owners like myself who much prefer a screen and keyboard to twiddling my thumbs and looking at a tiny screen. I give Grids 6 Stars…maybe 7. :) <3
Some IMPROVEMENTS you could make!
This app is the best so far! I had some ideas that could make it even better, let me know what you think:
In the mobile app, they have enabled some filters for displaying all messages / only unread messages / Flagged messages. It would be so sick if there were those filters too the way that we don’t need to scrooooooll down looking for older messages everytime we reply to someone. Also flagging some users can make easier to display the important conversations.
Also how about shortcuts to go back from any conversation to the list of all the conversations? Instead of clicking the black “back arrow icon” on top of the chat.
How about a shortcut to open/close the Direct Messages tab? Maybe it could be the same as the previous thing I’ve said 🤷♂️. Those are for fasting our workflows! Liking pics with the L or comenting with the C is so sick!!!
I hope this helps devs! Much love!
- ThinkTime Creations LLC
- 25.1 MB
- Social Networking
- OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2017 ThinkTime Creations.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.