IMPORTANT: This game uses Metal and will only play properly on iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5s, and beyond.
Something's rotten in the land of the dead, and you're being played for a sucker. Meet Manny Calavera, travel agent at the Department of Death. He sells luxury packages to souls on their four-year journey to eternal rest. But there's trouble in paradise. Help Manny untangle himself from a conspiracy that threatens his very salvation.
One of the most acclaimed adventure games of all time is now back, better than ever. Grim Fandango's epic story of four years in the life (or death) of Manny Calavera, travel agent to the dead, has been remastered to look, sound, and control even better than when it won GameSpot's Game of the Year award upon its original launch. Grim Fandango still stands as a classic of the genre, with unforgettable characters and unique combination of film noir and Mexican folklore.
Remastered version includes
- Repainted, hi-res character textures
- New, dynamic lighting
- Classic score re-recorded with a full live orchestra
- Over 2 hours of exclusive developer commentary
- Concept art browser
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
As ageless as its undead hero, Grim Fandango still feels as charming, funny, and original as it did back in 1998. It carries you on a wild adventure through the Land of the Dead, where your travel agent sells packages for a happy afterlife to newly departed souls—and uncovers a fiendish plot at work. Innovative art direction will wow first-time players, but with enhanced music and graphics plus hours of developer commentary, there are plenty of reasons to enjoy the game anew.
Very Glitchy but Interesting Also
Needed to look at a walkthrough for basically the entire game. I had to restart multiple times because everything you do needs to be in order. If you miss something in a room and go do other things, when you go back to the missed interaction it won’t do what it’s supposed to do for the game to progress. I forgot what part it was but it was right at the beginning of a new part and it was at a desk. Something to do with a gambling scam. There are other times this happened but I don’t remember where they were. The game also glitched many times and at one point I thought I wouldn’t be able to finish due to a severe crashing glitch at the end that is known to the developers. Yet they will not fix it for some reason. I was finally able to get past it after doing a bunch of things to the settings. Other than that it is an interesting game and I enjoyed it. Very long which is something I like. Prepare to use a walkthrough though because you really have no sense of what you’re doing and the world is so big it’s almost overwhelming. No direction is given whatsoever. This was my first time playing this game so for others who have played it long ago, it might be better for you.
So far, so Grim
Grew up in the 80s but never played this one. Saw my bro play Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle. After reading glowing reviews wanted to try this.
First the story is humorous. Secondly I did not encounter any freezes on the mini iPad 4. Inventory worked, no bugs and I'm in year 4 and almost done. I found out double clicking makes you run. And if you hold your finger on the screen and drag- a circle cursor appears whenever there is an actionable item. Very helpful in knowing what you can do.
And yes a walk through is essential and required. Going to be sad when I finish this game- it's been that interesting. Overall worth the $1 sale, feels like a steal really. Cheaper than a snickers bar. When this came out I use to buys snickers 5 for $1. How I miss those days...
- Double Fine Productions, Inc.
- 3.5 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Grim Fandango © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Double Fine Productions and the Double Fine logo are the exclusive trademarks of Double Fine Productions, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.