Slash your way through the hordes of darkness and defeat King Valor's fearsome guardians in this breathtaking adventure!
"Chaining together a slick series of attacks, dodges, and jumps, is incredibly satisfying." — PocketGamer
"I suspect mobile gaming fans will be playing and replaying this one for years to come." — TouchArcade, 5/5
A malicious power stirs in the forgotten kingdom of Vallaris. Tasked with discovering the fate of its lost king, your quest quickly takes a sinister turn and you are cast into darkness. Surrounded and outnumbered, you must grab your sword, steel your temper and fight your way through a land that does not welcome you. Except for the friendly merchant - he's grateful for your business.
ABOUT THE GAME
Grimvalor is a challenging hack & slash platformer with fast-paced combat in a dark fantasy world. Take control of a lone warrior on a quest to restore a corrupted realm. Embark on a journey through atmospheric landscapes and dungeons in a massive story-driven premium experience.
COMBAT & EXPLORATION
Master skill-based combat, learn enemy patterns and bring them down with all your fury. Explore the shattered lands of Vallaris, find and upgrade equipment and level up your character. Face the legacy of King Valor's madness and prevail!
• Epic boss fights.
• Stunning 3D visuals accelerated by Metal graphics.
• Accurate and customizable touch controls.
• Full support for MFi game controllers.
• Use iCloud to keep your saves in sync between devices.
• Play offline - perfect for commute.
• No ads or in-app purchases.
• Fixed black screen issue affecting some users on iPhone XS Max.
Ratings and Reviews
I hate writing reviews but I’m so impressed with this release that I feel it’s my duty as an avid gamer to do so.....sooooo here it goes-if the castlevania/Metroid genre ( admittedly more the first than the latter) had a baby with a fine tuned rpg,then ud have this game. Everything-literally,graphics,gameplay,story,overall execution,etc are done near flawlessly, 5 star all the way, if u,like myself have wished for a castlevania release on IOS,well then like myself ur gonna have to keep on waiting......BUT if ur down with the next best and in some respects better thing then
GET THIS GAME....u will not regret it
had the game for a few days now and all I can say over and over and over is WOW just simply WOW....I from the bottoms of my heart wish u guys win some kind of game of the year award....it would take me multiples of multiples of paragraphs to do this game justice......This game is 100% worth double the asking price.....and this last bit is real talk-just to the devs: PLEASE keep making games,please,Grimvalor is an example of everything IOS gaming can and should b,u kno what I’m talking about and from one fan of tru gaming to a a group of who I can only assume is made up of the same-congrats-this game will go down as one of the best on this platform
Amazing castlevinia game
So before anything this game is soul like but not, the dodging are more forgiving, the combat is much faster paced without the stamina limit, and death will not drop your shards. However it does have a similar flask, level and check point system as soul like genre.
The combat is on point, it’s simple, but with enough options. I’m only at act two but I’m already very into it. The control is very smooth(which is very surprising for a button based phone game), especially compare game like MapleStoryM.... jump puzzles are challenging, I’ve done 2 so far and it takes me about 10 minutes each to figure it out(thanks god there are status”bonfire” near by the puzzles.
A note to the developers. I’m not that far into this game yet, but I wish when you are far enough the game, of at the end of each act enable teleport using status back to nexus(for the acts you’ve completed story wise). Because I’m going to be back tracking and hunting for those missing treasures at some point, and I would like to be able to go back to the nexus when I’m done with the map.
this game blew me away - it is the most fun i’ve had playing a game on ipad since aquaria from about 6 years ago. it is a similar styled game - i’ve heard that it is the castlevania/metroid type genre - but i’m not familiar with either of those classics. this one took me just under 42 hours to do everything there was to do, and it took me just under a week to get from start to finish while playing it somewhat obsessively during the entire timeframe. one thing that makes this a bit different than other games that i’ve enjoyed is that you can “level up” so eventually even if you aren’t that skillful at the game mechanics your character will become strong enough to just crush everything in your path without too much dexterity required. the boss fights are all somewhat similar but every one takes a little while to beat - usually more than one try even if you are on a high level - i finished at level 29 which makes the character super-strong due to the greater amount of time i spent trying to get through some of the areas. you can probably finish the game at level 20, and it would require much more skill to do so. anyway sorry for the long-winded review here if i’m wasting people’s time, but i wish to commend the developers for making a truly *awesome* game, and i very much hope it wins the game of the year award.
- Direlight Oy
- 709.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 Direlight Ltd
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.