Slash your way through the hordes of darkness and defeat King Valor's fearsome guardians in this breathtaking adventure!
"Chaining together a slick series of attacks, dodges, and jumps, is incredibly satisfying." — PocketGamer
"I suspect mobile gaming fans will be playing and replaying this one for years to come." — TouchArcade, 5/5
A malicious power stirs in the forgotten kingdom of Vallaris. Tasked with discovering the fate of its lost king, your quest quickly takes a sinister turn and you are cast into darkness. Surrounded and outnumbered, you must grab your sword, steel your temper and fight your way through a land that does not welcome you. Except for the friendly merchant - he's grateful for your business.
ABOUT THE GAME
Grimvalor is a challenging hack & slash platformer with fast-paced combat in a dark fantasy world. Take control of a lone warrior on a quest to restore a corrupted realm. Embark on a journey through atmospheric landscapes and dungeons in a massive story-driven premium experience.
COMBAT & EXPLORATION
Master skill-based combat, learn enemy patterns and bring them down with all your fury. Explore the shattered lands of Vallaris, find and upgrade equipment and level up your character. Face the legacy of King Valor's madness and prevail!
• Epic boss fights.
• Stunning 3D visuals accelerated by Metal graphics.
• Accurate and customizable touch controls.
• Full support for MFi game controllers.
• Use iCloud to keep your saves in sync between devices.
• Play offline - perfect for commute.
• No ads or in-app purchases.
• Fixed black screen issue affecting some users on iPhone XS Max.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing castlevinia game
So before anything this game is soul like but not, the dodging are more forgiving, the combat is much faster paced without the stamina limit, and death will not drop your shards. However it does have a similar flask, level and check point system as soul like genre.
The combat is on point, it’s simple, but with enough options. I’m only at act two but I’m already very into it. The control is very smooth(which is very surprising for a button based phone game), especially compare game like MapleStoryM.... jump puzzles are challenging, I’ve done 2 so far and it takes me about 10 minutes each to figure it out(thanks god there are status”bonfire” near by the puzzles.
A note to the developers. I’m not that far into this game yet, but I wish when you are far enough the game, of at the end of each act enable teleport using status back to nexus(for the acts you’ve completed story wise). Because I’m going to be back tracking and hunting for those missing treasures at some point, and I would like to be able to go back to the nexus when I’m done with the map.
Cross between bloodborne and strider but don’t let the hack and slash word play fool ya, This will punish you badly if you “hack and slash” as it’s a skill based game. Enemies are smart and it will take multiple Respawn attempts on some parts to complete. This is like dark souls “prepare to die!!! “In a good way”. Though you die a lot a for mentioned, it doesn’t get boring or repetitive. The grind for the components/in game currency “no iaps!!”, keeps things fresh and worth the grind. You’ll gladly search every nook and cranny for loot and goodies to win that new sword or armor upgrade. Bosses are well thought out and levels are masterfully designed. Physics are near perfect and controls fluid and super responsive. I dare to say, I’ve never played a side scrolling game in its league. This stands on it own two feet. Though it borrows from other titles it feels original. Well worth the asking price. Can’t wait for the sequel!!
A unique take on the mobile RPG genre
Grimvalor’s charming visuals mixed with its phenomenal soundtrack create a truly one of a kind experience. While the story never seemed to truly pull me in the gameplay and visuals are absolutely astounding. I loved the chain combat system, with deadly heavy hitting strikes, and the fast paced dodge mechanic as it’s extremely satisfying. Exploring the winding dungeons and areas is extremely addicting, and each hunted scene and boss battle where always fresh and exciting to get into. Additionally getting new loot from hidden chests is always very satisfying it’s awesome traveling a bit off the beaten path to be rewarded with a new and powerful weapon or trinket. I also adored the simple yet heavily tactical leveling and progression system. It’s the cherry on top of this amazing RPG. The only aspects of the game I did not like where the character avatars as they looked overtly goofy for a relatively serious game. Additionally the voice acting left something to be desired as it comes off as a bit dull and uninspired. Overall a truly fantastic game would highly recommend!
Pros - Amazing soundtrack, satisfying visuals, fun and intuitive combat, unique weapons, easy to access leveling, and progression system, also little to no bugs.
Cons - Weak story, uninteresting characters, and very robotic voice acting.
Overall I’d say this is a solid 8-9/10!
- Direlight Oy
- 709.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 Direlight Ltd
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.