Grindr is the world’s #1 FREE mobile social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people to connect. Chat and meet up with interesting people for free, or upgrade to Grindr XTRA for more features, more fun, and more chances to connect.
Grindr is faster and better than ever:
• See people nearby based on your location
• Browse re-designed profiles with bigger photos
• Chat and share private photos
• Filter your search to find what you want
• Customize your profile to share more about yourself
• Star your favorites and block others
• Report people easily and safely
• Send your location and make it easier to meet
• More ways to quickly find what you're looking for
• More ways to chat with people around the world
Create and personalize your profile now to include more about you, what you’re looking for, and more. Within minutes you’ll be ready to connect, chat, and meet.
Looking for even more? Upgrade your Grindr experience to XTRA for more features, more freedom and more fun. Grindr XTRA subscription features include:
• No banner ads
• See 6x the profiles, up to 600 at once
• View only people who are online now
• View only profiles with a photo
• Unlimited blocks and favorites
• Access to all premium filters
• Chat easily with saved phrases
• Send multiple photos at once
Get Grindr XTRA with one of the following auto-renewing plans:
1 month / 3 months / 6 months / 12 months.
Grindr has someone for everyone. No matter what you’re looking for, you can find it here!
Grindr XTRA Subscriptions:
Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your App Store account settings. You can manage your subscriptions at any time through your App Store account settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when making a purchase of an auto-renewing subscription.
Tell us what you think about Grindr by visiting
If you are experiencing any issues, you can get support by contacting us through https://help.grindr.com/hc/
Terms of Service: http://www.grindr.com/terms-of-service/
Grindr and Grindr XTRA are for adults 18 years and older only. Photos depicting nudity or sex acts are strictly prohibited.
- Bug fixed & Optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
You all came so close to making a really great improvement. Highlighting RECENTLY contacted profiles is definitely helpful – It’s better than nothing - but it only works on the very first day that you use it. Every day after that, you have to click on every profile to see if you’ve contacted them before, which defeats the purpose of the feature in the first place. I can’t speak for everybody, but if I contact someone and they don’t respond, I don’t need to see their profile again for AT LEAST 30 days. In my experience if someone doesn’t answer you the first time, they never well. It’s just not meant to be. Besides, what lunatic would contact the same person, day after day, indefinitely, without a response? That’s called stalking.
Addendum: What would be AMAZINGLY helpful, especially for profiles without a thumbnail picture which helps you distinguish one profile from another, is if there was a little asterisk or check mark, etc., in the upper right-hand corner of the profile thumbnail picture on the search screen indicating that you’ve already messaged that member, instead of double-tapping EVERY SINGLE profile EVERY time you open the app to see who you have messaged and who you haven’t. This is extremely - no, EXTREMELY - tedious and time-consuming. And/or perhaps even better, a way to remove profiles from searches without blocking them. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
We are always evolving and trying to maximize your options in the app. We'd like to hear more about how we can improve some features. You can go to http://grindr.uservoice.com to submit your suggestions. 😉
Back when this app first came out it was the best app out on the market there was no competition and never any issues. Then as time went on few glitches here and there minus setbacks nothing major. Then came time you had to pay for a subscription. That’s when the app got bad customer service started to decline and all they cared about was getting you subscription money. They upgraded and updated started adding on useless stuff like emoji cons that you already have on your phone and the price for a subscription went up again. Add things to the app that are useful not useless the location provided I thought I was talking to somebody that was only 4000 feet away from me and he was over in grease so how is that correct and working it doesn’t it doesn’t work correctly when you go to send your location within the past two months the app of crushed on my phone 47 times. Loss of all chats frequently loss of pictures and profiles frequently let’s get rid of useless tapped and emoji cons fix the current location issues and put the money from monthly subscriptions into making the app run better and and run like it used to. You shouldn’t have to delete the app and then reinstall in order to be able log back in and unfreeze the issues. Nor should you have to wait for days before you get response to your support email that. Usually doesn’t help you fix the issue that you’re having.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we apologize for any inconvenience that might have happened. We'd like to personally follow up with you, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and our specialist will be sorting this out for you.
Ads, spam, and free push messaging ONLY outside of US
Grindr has taken the American market that helped them launch their product and abused the consumer base by forcing customers to pay to receive push notifications while offering it for free when you cross the border into Canada (for example). Meanwhile, we are also inundated by pop up ads and messaged ads and that’s just from their advertisers (most of which are harmful and stereotyping fitting into toxic ideas of body consciousness in the gay community) and then there are all the bots that spam message you porn links. You’re much better off using another social app to meet people and Scruff is noticeably better at this point if you want something similar.
* UPDATE: since posting this, Grindr customer support has messaged me two times asking me to reach out to them if I need any assistance or to help. There’s literally nothing you can help with. Your corporate leadership has run amok and off the rails. I receive more advertisements for penis enlargement or underwear sales then I do actual messages and on top of that whenever you block someone you have to watch a commercial, and if you hop over the Canadian border for example, you receive push notification for free rather than for a monthly service fee. What a disgusting sell-out of a corporation. DOWNLOAD Tinder or Scruff depending on what you are looking for.
Developer Response ,
Hey 👋, I totally understand how you feel. Please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be more than glad to assist in any way we can.
- Grindr LLC
- 242.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Grindr LLC 2013
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month $11.99
- 1 Month with 7-Day Free Trial $19.99
- 1 Month + Free Trial $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.