The Grix by eBoy - create 8-bit pixel tile art
By Felt Tip Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A New Kind of Pixel Editor
Make your own pixel tiles and arrange them to create beautiful pixel art.
The Grix is fast, fun, simple, and surprising.
“A simple drag-and-drop interface makes creating pieces a breeze; users can choose from several different colors and patterns with which to create their art.”
– Nicholas Deleon, The Daily
“This is an awesome little app. So much care has gone into making it, and it shows everywhere you look. The sound effects are spot-on, the text labels for the color palettes are gorgeous, even the Share menu icons for Twitter and Facebook are pixellated. They’ve thought about every little detail.”
– Giles Turnbull, Cult of Mac
“...our friends at eBoy together with Felt Tip have brought something new and exciting.”
– Filip, Creative Applications Network
Join the Flickr group:
– Create art with pixel tiles
– Move, rotate, and delete tiles on the Grix
– Create and edit each tile
– Choose from 128 editable tiles for each Grix
– 12 colour palettes
– Comes with 5 eBoy made sample Grix
– Post to Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook
– Save to Photo Roll
– Email and share your editable Grix and tiles
– Download additional sets from thegrix.com
Concept and Design by eBoy:
The Godfathers of Pixel
Code by Felt Tip:
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Fixed bug where app could be rotated to landscape mode even though it wasn't designed for it.
I love this app
It is amazing that it updated to the iPhone 5 screen! It needs a custom color palette editor, though.
Not sure if this is worth $5
I love eBoy but I feel like I kind of got ripped off here. You don't have a ton of control over your drawing and the UI needs work. Oh well.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 27, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Felt Tip Inc.
- © Felt Tip Inc. and eBoy Arts Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.