GRō makes it easier to Organize, Plan, and Track your small group differentiated instruction, lesson plans, student anecdotal notes, and assessment data.
"The Must-Have App For Teaching Guided Reading" - Alison from Learning at the Primary Pond
GRō is available on both the iPhone and iPad. This is a Universal app, so both devices are fully-featured and work hand-in-hand. GRō is not yet optimized for iPhone 5 or iPhone SE.
*** Note - this app requires a subscription ***
GRō Basic: $0.99/month or $9.99/year
GRō Standard: $2.49/month or $24.99/year
GRō Premium: $2.99/month or $29.99/year
Small groups/differentiated instruction is an extremely effective method of teaching that benefits both teachers and students. Designed by educators for educators, GRō was created to help you put time back in your day by making guided reading and other differentiated instruction easier and more efficient. No longer will you need to continually update paperwork and track groups, notes, and assessment data in multiple binders.
Whether you are a classroom teacher or a specialist, you can now organize multiple classes and groups, create and implement lesson plans, and track student data and class assessments – all in one place!
Integrate GRō into your existing guided reading and differentiated group instruction routine:
- Create a roster where you can store personalized information to help track every student’s needs and progress.
- Create groups to organize students. Groups are fully customizable with unique names, colors, and meeting time. Update groups and students as often as needed. Take notes on each group to track progress, keep notes from lessons, or plan for future lessons and goals.
- Use the calendar to keep organized and on track. See lesson plans at a glance to help manage your schedule.
- Option to choose between a general lesson plan template or a clean, simple and consistent guided reading template.
- Each lesson plan will be stored so that you only have to write it once. Use a lesson plan over and over again for different groups with the duplication feature.
- Take anecdotal notes (written and audio) on each student. Notes taken on lesson plans are automatically collected and stored within the student’s profile.
- Track whole class assessments. Score each assessment with a customized numeric scale, alphabetic scale, or reading level type. Individual student scores will also be stored on each students' information page. Group assessments together to track individual student progress on related assessments such as running records.
- Track your students’ progress in each subject on their profile page. Use the student profile page for parent-teacher conferences.
Supported Reading Leveling Systems:
- Fountas & Pinnell
- Reading Recovery
- UK National Curriculum
- UK National Curriculum Colors
- Accelerated Reader
- Rigby PM
- PM Benchmark
- Colour Wheel
- Oxford Reading Tree
- Export lessons and assessments for record keeping and accountability.
- Send copies of your lesson plans to other teachers.
- Export student data including all anecdotal notes and assessment data.
- Send a student to another teacher (e.g. if they move classes)
- Share a student with another teacher so that both teachers can edit data and add track anecdotal notes.
- Book titles and standards that are taught are stored so that they can be recalled quickly.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account at the time of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew at the same price unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: http://www.gro-app.com/terms-of-use/
More improvements behind the scenes.
Also increased the maximum value for assessments with numerical scoring (>100) to allow for tracking things like words-per-minute.
Thanks for using GRō! We update the app regularly to fix bugs, improve speed and reliability, and add new features. If there is a bug that needs to be fixed, a feature that you would like us to add, or anything else we can do to make you love the GRō app more, please reach out to us at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
So upset with the changes
I bought this app about a year and a half ago for $9.99. Once downloaded, I saw it really wasn’t worth the $10. The only thing it will track and graph is the student’s reading level. I kept using it anyway and I used the notes feature to track student’s fluency, accuracy rate, and comprehension scores from their running records. But it would be nice to be able to graph all those features. The notes and graph were useful for when I wanted to look at one specific student’s data over a period of time to decide whether a student needed to proceed in more intensive intervention. Now I’m opening the new app after receiving an email about the update. One of my groups is missing, and now I have to click separate tabs to see information about the student, instead of all on one page like before. The new graph style is much more difficult to see and read, and no longer shows the class average for comparison. And on top of all that, you’re telling me I will now have to pay $30 a year for this poorer version of an app I already feel I overpaid for? No thank you, good bye!
Thank you for your comment and we certainly appreciate your concerns. All of your comments are valid, but we would like to make you aware of a few important points:
- The updated version of the app will track any data that you would like, including fluency, accuracy rate, and comprehension scores as you mentioned. This is actually one of the main reasons for the update. If you'd like more information about how this works, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be more than happy to show you as we are very excited about this feature.
- With regards to your group missing, there is a small bug affecting a few accounts that prevents some data from showing up. It will take us 1 min to fix for you, but we need to know your account information. Please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to take care of that for you right away.
- We apologize that the new layout is not as effective for you as before. There were a variety of reasons for changing the layout. Most of these were to enable us to continue to offer more features that require more efficient use of the space.
- With the graph, we are working to add the class average back in because many users value this data. Instead of delaying until everything was perfect, we wanted to get the revised app into users' hands as fast as possible. Keep an eye out as this feature will be back in soon.
- As for costs, your account won't be charged anything beyond your initial purchase price without your confirmation. Please reach out to us and we'll be happy to discuss this with you.
Thanks again for voicing your concerns. Your feedback lets us know what's important and what we can do to make the app work best for you.
Great app to organize groups and notes
I just bought this app today and I am so excited to use for my groups. I have struggled to find a way to organize reading groups that works best for me. I want the ease of taking notes about students right on the lesson plan but also the convenience of having all notes about one student on one page so I don’t have to flip around for grading and conference purposes. This app is the perfect solution for that. I also love the assessment feature that utilizes a graph to track progress across time. I am looking forward to being able to print this information to share with families or to be able to use during Data team meetings. It will easily allow me to show students progress or areas of concerns. The customer service is great as well. They are quick to answer questions.
Great app-missing something
I really want to give this 5 stars. It has almost all the pieces I need to make it my all in one tool. I so wish there was a way to utilize my Apple Pencil with this app and take running records right on the app and attach them to the student notes. Also a recording feature to record students as they are reading would make this app even more powerful!
Excellent suggestions! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss exactly what you would like to see and get those implemented for you. Our goal is to build exactly what teachers want, so please send us any and all ideas!
- Eight Eighteen Enterprises LLC
- 41.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Eight Eighteen Enterprises LLC
- In-App Purchases
- GRō Basic (Monthly) $0.99
- GRō Premier (Monthly) $2.99
- GRō Standard (Monthly) $2.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.