Grocery Gadget Free
By Pingwell Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Most Powerful Grocery List!
Over many years on the market, recognized by major media, journalists, bloggers, and reputable reviewers. Several times Apple featured app. Learn why at GroceryGadgets.com.
Save time and money. Be organized at home and efficient at the supermarket. Stop rebuilding shopping lists – just reuse them. Stop calling your spouse - share via sync.
- Arrange products like your pantry, refrigerator, laundry room
- App automatically learns item order as you shop. Or, arrange aisles manually.
- Don’t type – scan barcodes(3GS or later phones), or use built-in list of frequent items
- Sync shopping lists with spouse, attack supermarket 2x as fast! Push Notification
- Picture is worth a 1000 words: Never bring home the wrong product
- FREE online portal for faster input: GroceryGadgets.com
- Multiple Shopping Lists, arrange different projects
- Consolidated "All Lists" list
- Multiple Stores – Create lists across multiple stores
- Color Pricing – Compare item prices across stores
- History Shopping Analysis (at GroceryGadgets.com)
Learn more at GroceryGadgets.com
Do you need help or have suggestion? Email us – support is always available.
Grocery Gadget – Serious Shopping Simplified
What's New in Version 5.2.2
Update, they fixed the annoying advertising bug that wiped the screen, now it's back to normal
Update 11/23: the annoying ads that took over your screen are no longer locking up the app. The ads are in the bottom banner, and are acceptable and can be ignored if you want to. I think they have fixed the problem, and it is back to being the nice friendly shopping app that it was before. Thank you for listening to your users.
Previously: This used to be a nice little grocery list app. The last update added in a horrible Ad function that sits at the bottom of the screen taking up list space and hiding your list.
If that wasn't bad enough, every time the add updates ( every 30 seconds or so it seems ) the whole grocery list goes BLANK for another 5-6 seconds. As a workaround, I found that once you have your list in the store, and turn off both the cell data, and WIFI, the ads stop. Be careful because the app will try to turn on the data to make the Crap Google Ads run. Bottom line greed turned a nice app to crap.
Stole my money promising to remove ads
Grocery gadget used to be awesome. My wife and I used it to manage all of our shopping for many years. Then something happened and ads appeared in my paid app unless I paid a buck for a yearly subscription which I didn't mind. Someone has to pay backend services on a regular basis. The update introduced a host of issues though. Sometimes locking the phone and unlocking it while grocery gadgets was in the foreground (say because I was shopping and going through my list) it would become unusable. I put up with this crap because it still mostly worked. Then it started having problems syncing reliably. I again put up with it. Finally they removed the paid app so on my new phone I can no longer get to my no ads version that I paid for and still am paying for. Unethical company at best; illegal at worst.
Was my go-to, now I'm looking for a new app
I've used this app for nearly 5 years. In the last few months it's become so wonky that it's unusable.
1. The app opens in a different list than where I left it last.
2. The app then crashes when I try to click over to the list I want.
3. When I do get it to work, items will "go invisible" as I'm scrolling through my list--for instance, the fourth line down might be the invisible line (it's usually the same line), and as I'm scrolling every time an item hits the fourth line that item blanks out. I have to shut the app down and start it again.
I'm going to have to start all over again in a totally new app, which is a bummer since I've loaded nearly 75 items into my usual grocery list--custom descriptions and pictures. So disappointing.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 12, 2016
- Version: 5.2.2
- Size: 32.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Pingwell Inc
- © Pingwell, Inc (Grocery Gadget)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.