Grocery is the smartest and fastest grocery shopping app. Keep your list sorted while you shop with your Apple Watch. Easily add items from Siri and Recipes.
** MacStores Must-Have iOS Apps - 2018 **
Share your lists with partners and add items to your list on iCloud! Grocery keeps your list in Reminders so sharing a list is as simple as sharing your calendar.
Grocery was designed from the ground up to work best with Apple Watch. Checking items off your list on Apple Watch is lightning fast. You can even add items from the watch if you need to!
Create Recipes in Grocery for quickly adding ingredients to your shopping list, and an efficient cooking experience optimized for mobile. No more scanning back and forth between the ingredients and instructions!
- Reminders -
• Add items to your list on Mac or iCloud Reminder's apps
• Share your list by sharing a Reminder's list with others
• Switch between different Reminder's lists for different stores
- Siri -
• Add items to your list with Siri.
• Tell Siri: "Add Eggs to my Grocery list"
• Create Siri Shortcuts to quickly add groups of items
- Lightning Fast -
• Grocery is optimized for fast list entry
• Custom auto-complete with your list items and notes
• Tap the up arrow to continue adding more items
• Copy and paste a list to add multiple items at once
• Create Recipes to quickly add ingredients to your list
- Sorting -
• Grocery learns every time you shop
• Keeps track of the order you mark off items to sort your list automatically next time
• Skipping an item or deleting it has no impact on sorting
- Multiple Stores -
• Add a Store for every place that you shop
• Grocery will learn your sorting order for each store
• Associate lists with stores based on how you want to shop at multiple locations
• Assign geofences that change the selected store wherever you go
- Recipes -
• Recipe files are stored in iCloud Drive and sync between all your devices
• Innovative Markdown Recipe format optimized for cooking on mobile phones
• Automatically detects timers in recipe steps
• Group recipes with hashtags
- CleanUp -
• Automatically separate the title from the notes to keep your list organized
• “12 oz of Chocolate Chips” becomes “Chocolate Chips: 12 oz”
• Detect multiple or duplicated items
• “Milk and Avocados” becomes “Milk” “Avocados”
- Backup & Data -
• Your list is always stored in Reminders for easy backup or access outside of Grocery
• Grocery will never modify your other Reminders lists
- Quick Add -
• Quick Add uses your shopping history to suggest items you frequently shop for.
• It's great for adding frequently shopped for items to your grocery list.
Grocery Premium is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your Account will be charged the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription’s one-year period. Your subscription renews automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions or cancel auto-renewal at any time on your Account Settings in the App Store.
This update improves Grocery's usability with the Voiceover feature, fixes a rare crash and a bug with the Unsort item feature, and includes several other user requested improvements!
Grocery 2.0 delivers refinements to Stores & Lists, introduces a groundbreaking new Recipes feature, and includes new Premium features like changing the app theme!
Stores & Lists
- Stores & Lists are now combined into just “Stores”.
- Associate any Reminders list with a Store for simpler switching between stores.
- Create Geofences for stores you’re commonly shopping at.
- Switching the Store on Apple Watch also switches the Reminders list.
- Create Recipes you want to keep and quickly add their ingredients to your list.
- Create a Recipe of Weekly Essentials to simplify your weekly shopping routine.
- Recipes are stored in iCloud Drive and sync to all your devices.
- Recipe UI is incredibly easy to cook with on iPhone. Try it out!
- Switch between stores and add frequently shopped for items to your list.
- Use the clipboard to build complex shortcuts with your shopping list.
- Create a Siri Shortcut for adding a recipe and its ingredients to your list.
- Choose from over a dozen new color themes to suit your style.
- Introducing a new set of App Icons that now include dark backgrounds!
- New recommended products for optimizing your kitchen set.
We’ve been hard at work on this major update to Grocery for over a year and we really hope you like it!
Thank you for using Grocery! If you enjoy the app, please tell a friend or leave a review.
Ratings and Reviews
Live the new 2.0 app’s location aware features — now it’ll switch lists based on a fairly generous default geofence! The Apple Watch app allows nearly seamless shopping without the awkwardness of taking out my phone. Flick my wrist, and boom, check off that item. Couldn’t be better. Definitely the most useful third party Apple Watch app ever.
The Smart Sort is nice and add regular items couldn't’ be easier since it reuses old items and has recipes (we have one called Nachos which has fresh ingredients we always have to buy). And since the App relies on Apple’s Reminders, my wife and I share a list when shopping. I take care of the aisles and she does the produce and meat. I can see items checked off in almost real time.
Great app. I’d love to see an easier way to quickly select a shopping list regardless of location. It seems to take several taps right now to switch stores for adding items—maybe I’m missing something (Ellipse—>Edit Stores And Lists—>Store—>Use this store.)
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear you love the app! You can also tap on the store name in the grocery list screen to quickly change stores!
Cannot make separate list for separate stores
I have to agree with a May 7 reviewer that, for me, success means I can make separate lists for different stores. I list an item & it appears on the list for each of the grocery stores on the store list. My primary store doesn’t carry an item on my list. Another store has a sale with BOGO items I want to buy. Several factors account for shopping at multiple stores for items on my lists. If I cannot make my grocery list specific for a certain store, then I must make a note which store beside which item? Not practical for me. In trying to figure this out, I became quite confused with the headings ‘store’ & ‘lists’, especially when tapping the header store/lists brought up a couple of the stores. I am pretty smart with a good thought process, so tapping the store & then the list would bring up the store & the list for that store. Your app is neat, nice looking, & convenient for many, but for me it isn’t doing the job unless I am somehow not seeing something staring me right in the face. Thank You. Jp
Developer Response ,
As you use the app, it will learn which items you check off at each store. The items that you never purchase at that store will appear at the bottom of the list under an “unsorted” section. When you switch stores, they will switch around as needed.
If you’d rather have completely separate lists, use the Lists feature instead of Stores.
Hope that helps!
This app is fantastic at what it does and I especially appreciate that it uses Reminders as the back-end data store. This makes sharing easy. Many of the reviews here which are complaining about items, lists, and stores are from not learning how to use the app. For me, what works is I have a Grocery list and a Hardware Store list. The Grocery list has two stores (the two nearest locations of H-E-B are what I use). When I shop, I select the store in the app that corresponds to the store location I’m at and voila! The grocery items are sorted in the order I typically go through the store. Obviously, this works best when you tend to go through a store location the same way each time. Likewise, my hardware store list has a Blue store and and Orange store each corresponding to the hardware store chains bearing the respective titular colors.
- Conrad Stoll
- 41.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Conrad Stoll
- In-App Purchases
- Leave a Tip to Remove Ads and Support Future Development $2.99
- Grocery Premium $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.