Grok is in serious trouble. You were watching the magic show when he killed his partner, Rollo the Magnificent, on stage. You may not have had a front row seat, but it was tough to miss the chimp throwing down a sandbag from the rigging, striking the magician and snapping his neck.
An accident? Or did someone manipulate the situation and make a chump of the chimp?
It’s up to you to unravel the web of deceit and lies that make up The Parker Carnival and Sideshow Extravaganza. Who better to help Grok prove his innocence than a police detective who witnessed the whole thing?
As the investigating officer, you will:
• Explore the story and game in any order you like
• Question carnies and carny workers
• Search their living spaces and performance areas for clues and evidence
• Create a list of suspects
• Review lab reports on the suspects and evidence
• Explore detailed background information on the carnival, its employees, and its owners
• Make your case by selecting a suspect along with the supporting evidence
Featuring a fourteen chapter novel, written by Rollo’s assistant, Angel Rossini, that explores the backgrounds of the carnies. It delves into the depths of despair, the delight and the discovery of carny life, and what made them choose it.
For readers, this interactive murder mystery will bring many hours of pleasure, amusement, and thought.
Like all Flexible Tales™, game play consists of reading, exploring, thinking and clicking, and is designed to create a unique reading and discovery experience.
Requirements: Read. Think. Click.
Complete rewrite, update and graphical interface improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Grok the Monkey
Grok is a very strange tale, but a wonderful and amusing puzzle for a Sunday afternoon. I didn’t laugh at all the ha ha’s contained in the game so some of the humor was either not funny or over my head. On a more positive note hidden in the game are a few well-written chapters that provide background and give the game story depth and continuity. Enjoy reading the chapters before you try to solve the crime. This is a different kind of experience. Give it a try, you might like it. I did.
- Michael Berlyn
- 111.2 MB
- OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012, 2017 Michael & Muffy Berlyn
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.