Groove – Music Player & Smart Playlists
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Downloaded some great tunes? Your music now deserves a smart and beautiful music player. Groove learns your listening habits and organizes your music into great playlists.
“Groove is like Apple's Genius on turbocharge” – Huffington Post
* Taste-learning algorithm figures out your musical preferences. The more you listen, the better it gets.
* Organizes your music collection intelligently using tags (indie, house, 90s, chillout, britpop, etc.).
* Automatic LAST.FM scrobbling without the need to connect to iTunes.
* Smart gestures to control volume, playback and get new mixes – perfect for when in the car.
* Seamless integration with iTunes Match, Apple TV and AirPlay-enabled speakers.
* Groove with Friends: Concocts a mix compatible with your friends musical tastes.
* Helps you rediscover your music collection.
* Beautifies your music collection by adding album art and artist pics.
* Share your favourite songs with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- Home Sharing is not supported by Groove
- Works best with music libraries of more than 100 songs
Discover More Groovy Secrets:
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groovemusicapp
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/groovemusicapp
“Groove is like the Genius button and Pandora had a love-child.” – FreshApps.com
What's New in Version 3.0.5
- Fixes startup issue on certain devices.
Good but can improve
The app is great to use in a car. But here are a few suggestions:
• what's up with the new update making it so that my music pauses every time I return to this app after using another app?
• Give the option to lock app in vertical orientation (disable screen auto-rotation). I am tired of having to change my phone's "lock screen in vertical position" setting everytime I enter/exit the app.
• New update did NOT fix the search - still can't use the search from car mode (and sometimes other modes).
• allow for pausing of songs in car mode (like double-tapping to pause/resume)
• Fix the music lag. When I change the cursor position to another part of a song, the song skips a little before changing to the new location.
• I know Apple doesn't allow it, but the only thing that's preventing me from completely switching to this app is the inability to rate songs in-app.
Great if you have a large non cloud collection, or no WiFi at work.
I work in an office with no WiFi. Streaming is not possible because of data plan. So using built in music player has frustrated me with limited on the fly playlist creation. I tried another app, but was hampered when it wanted an internet connection, always. Groove is great. Very smart playlist creations. Out smarting the genius every time. I have set up my old iPhone 4s 64gb with all my music and Groove. Love it. No constant internet required.
Great app, needs features
Great playlists, for the most part. I'm hearing music I forgot I had, which is great. I do have to question some of the music choices, but I won't complain.
I'd love the ability to rate music from inside the app. As it stands, I have to go into the music app, hit now playing and rate it, Wah Wah wah.
One more thing id like is the ability to export the playlist to Mac or something so I can continue to play the playlist when I get to work in the mac instead of off the phone.
Either way, very good app. Looking forward to updates.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 10, 2014
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 25.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Zikera
- © Zikera
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.