GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Prep - Private and Recreational Pilot
By Dauntless Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Spend less time studying and more time flying! This is the FAA Private and Recreational Pilot version of GroundSchool, our FAA knowledge (written) test preparation featuring up-to-date questions, free updates, and illustrated explanations written by a professional team of pilot examiners and instructors.
GroundSchool is fully compatible with FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) and our editorial team is working to keep it so as ACS continues to evolve.
Don't be fooled by imitators! Competing apps use only the limited set of questions that the FAA publicly releases via its website - that is not enough to adequately prepare you for your test! Our GroundSchool app, on the other hand, features a much more comprehensive database (typically about 2-4 times the size of the demo FAA public one) of actual and current FAA questions that you likely can and will be asked on the actual test! This along with our detailed, professional explanations and easy to use interface are major reasons why pilots have come to trust GroundSchool.
Study actual, up-to-date FAA questions and then ACE your FAA Private Pilot and/or Recreational Pilot knowledge (written) test the easy way with GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Preparation software by Dauntless Aviation, the trusted leader in FAA written test preparation.
* Actual FAA Questions Current and Valid for Right Now. As soon as you install the software, use the 'update' feature and the software will connect to our servers, grab the latest questions, images, figures, and explanation content, and you'll be good to go.
* Detailed Explanations written by an experienced editorial team of examiner and instructor pilots.
* All Charts and Figures Included
* Several flexible study modes - fits the way you want to study!
* Compatible with all FAA "ground school" classroom-based courses
This Private and Recreational Pilot version of GroundSchool will prepare you for any or all of the following tests:
* Private Pilot Airplane (PAR)
* Private Pilot Rotorcraft Helicopter (PRH)
* Private Pilot Glider (PGL)
* Private Pilot Balloon - Gas (PBG)
* Private Pilot Balloon - Hot Air (PBH)
* Private Pilot Rotorcraft Gyroplane (PRG)
* Private Pilot Powered Parachute (PPP)
* Private Pilot Weight Shift Control (PWS)
* Private Pilot Lighter-than-Air (Airship) (PLA)
* Recreational Pilot Airplane (RPA)
* Recreational Pilot Helicopter (RPH)
* Recreational Pilot Gyroplane (RPG)
* Private Pilot Airplane / Recreational Pilot - Transition (PAT)
* Private Pilot Helicopter / Recreational Pilot Transition (PHT)
* Private Pilot Gyroplane / Recreational Pilot Transition (PGT)
* Canadian Private Pilot to USA FAA Conversion (PCP)
With Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool, you don't need to worry:
* Our material is UP TO DATE. No matter what date is listed here in regarding the 'Release date', this date refers to the program itself only. Once you get the program on your device, use the built-in update feature and it will connect to our servers and download the latest and greatest version of the test prep content and our explanations that we have available. To learn more about this, please visit our website.
* Furthermore, you are welcome to update the material as often as you like. This means that even if you don't take your test soon, when do you, GroundSchool will be ready for you. Compare this to books or DVDs (which are going out of date from the moment they are printed).
* We pride ourselves on the quality of our explanations. This is not some idle boast - our explanations are more detailed and more illustrated than that of ANY other FAA knowledge test provider, period.
* Tens of thousands of people have used our products to prepare for their FAA knowledge tests. Ours is a system that works.
Good luck on your test!
What's New in Version 9.6.11
Thank you for making GroundSchool the number one app for FAA Knowledge Test Prep!
This version includes:
Updated questions corresponding to new FAA ACS (Airmen Certification Standards)
Actual FAA questions
Updated illustrated explanations to best prepare you for any new questions the FAA may throw your way
Updated User Interface
Small bugs fixes
Please note that updating and harmonizing the content to ACS standards is an ongoing process as the FAA fine tunes and further expands ACS. Users of our test prep apps are always welcome to get the latest and greatest content updates for this app FREE for life using the built-in update feature!
Nice, but -
I have not taken the written test, but having taken the Sport written prior to the ACS, I have a good idea what the tests used to be like. This app does a great job explaining both the content and the FAA test question "peculiarities." I would give it 5 stars except for one major drawback. The sectional diagrams are of such poor quality that they are about useless. To get something readable, you have to click on the PDF, which goes to the website. I have never successfully gotten a PDF that way; the website is so slow that my browser (Safari) gets errors and reloads. After minutes, I have given up and gotten the sectionals from SkyVector. In either case, the program leaves this app, and when it returns, it starts from the main menu. Thus, if I have not saved my session, I have to go back through all the questions - again. And again. The trick is to save the session before going to the PDF of the diagram. Even then, it is a nuisance to have to wait for the iPad to switch contexts, and to start at the main menu. All this would be solved if the sectional diagrams were given at a better resolution.
Best Private Pilot Knowledge App, PERIOD!
I've downloaded & used four different Private Pilot Test Prep / Knowledge apps and this one by Dauntless is by far superior to anything on the market. I ended-up using it (almost) exclusively for my test prep … it's thorough, fantastically illustrated, easy to understand and actually fun to use. Concepts that other apps explain in dry, forgettable language are explained in a "plain english" format that genuinely helped me understand some tough aviation principals in a way that I won't forget. This app by Dauntless has been the single most valuable resource in my aviation training. Buy it. Seriously.
Why would anybody use this app??
I'd be shocked if all those positive reviews are legit. Notice that few or none of the review authors purport to have actually PASSED the FAA written. After floundering and falling asleep staring at this app, I signed up at a real flight school. They use King Schools (also recommended by my friend who was awarded Pilot Of The Year by our state DOT). King has videos taught by human instructors. You NEED such instruction to pass. Don't be fooled.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 15, 2016
- Version: 9.6.11
- Size: 315 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dauntless Software
- © (c) Dauntless Aviation - www.dauntless-soft.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Audio Review$19.99