Spend less time studying and more time flying! This is the FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP Part 121, ATP Part 135, and Helicopter) and Aircraft Dispatcher (ADX) version of GroundSchool, our FAA knowledge (written) test preparation featuring up-to-date questions, free updates, and illustrated explanations written by a professional team of pilot examiners and instructors.
GroundSchool is fully compatible with FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) and our editorial team is working to keep it so as ACS continues to evolve.
Don't be fooled by imitators! Competing apps here in the AppStore use only the limited set of questions that the FAA publicly releases via its website - that is not enough to adequately prepare you for your test! Our GroundSchool app, on the other hand, features a much more comprehensive database (typically about 2-4 times the size of the demo FAA public one) of actual and current FAA questions that you likely can and will be asked on the actual test! This along with our detailed, professional explanations and easy to use interface are major reasons why pilots have come to trust GroundSchool.
Study actual, up-to-date FAA questions and then ACE your FAA ATP written test the easy way with GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Preparation software by Dauntless Aviation, the trusted leader in FAA written test preparation.
* Actual FAA Questions Current and Valid for Right Now. As soon as you install the software, use the 'update' feature and the software will connect to our servers, grab the latest questions, images, figures, and explanation content, and you'll be good to go.
* Detailed Explanations written by an experienced editorial team of examiner and instructor pilots.
* All Charts and Figures Included
* Several flexible study modes - fits the way you want to study!
* Compatible with all FAA "ground school" classroom-based courses
This ATP/ADX version of GroundSchool will prepare you for any or all of the following tests:
* ATP - Airline Transport Pilot Airplane (Part 121)
* ATA - Airline Transport Pilot Airplane (135)
* ATH - Airline Transport Pilot Helicopter (135)
* ADX - Aircraft Dispatcher
* ARA - Airline Transport Pilot Airplane (135) (added rating)
* ARH - Airline Transport Pilot Helicopter (135) (added rating)
* Canadian Airline Transport Pilot to USA FAA Conversion
With Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool, you don't need to worry:
* Our material is UP TO DATE. No matter what date is listed here in regarding the 'Release date', this date refers to the program itself only. Once you get the program on your device, use the built-in update feature and it will connect to our servers and download the latest and greatest version of the test prep content and our explanations that we have available. To learn more about this, please visit our website.
* We pride ourselves on the quality of our explanations. This is not some idle boast - our explanations are more detailed and more illustrated than that of ANY other FAA knowledge test provider, period.
* Tens of thousands of people have used our products to prepare for their FAA knowledge tests. Ours is a system that works.
ATP 121 or 135?
Some airplane pilots are not sure whether they should take the Part 121 or the Part 135 tests. In short, from the FAA's perspective, it doesn't matter - study for the one that is most interesting to you and perhaps the one that you envision as most relevant to your future career. for a more detailed description of this, please see our website.
Remember, this software allows you to study both 121 and 135 and jump between them (and the other ATP tests) as you'd like with no restrictions.
Good luck on your test!
Thank you for making us the most trusted FAA ATP Test prep! Works for all Airplane (Single and Multi) and Helicopter ATP tests, plus Aircraft Dispatcher too. This significant update looks better and works faster than ever before to help you learn the material and pass that test! Our test prep content is fully FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) compatible, and contains up to date and regularly updated questions. As always, this app features the best and most illustrated explanations in the business. Save study sessions and share them between devices using our cloud features and share your study progress with your instructor or school through the cloud. When you get the app, make sure to immediately check for content updates using the 'updates check' main menu option to make sure you have the latest learning content. This app is 100% what you need to pass your FAA knowledge test.
Ratings and Reviews
Worked for me - but YMMV...
After buying 3 different iOS apps for the ATP (plus buying the King DVD’s), I found that the Dauntless version was the best to use (I bought the Prepware, Sheppard and Dauntless). Studied like crazy for a month (I did not have any other pilot certification but wanted to make it in before the Aug, 1st 2014 deadline). I thought I was well prepared as I consistently got over 85% on every sample test in the iOS app. Test day in July 2014 and I did not recognize a lot of the questions but the Dauntless app did allow me to pass with a 73%. It isn’t ideal but a pass is a pass and I’m a happy camper.
I have 3 other friends that I recommended this app. 1 passed and 2 others failed. ALL 3 reported that they did not recognize a lot of the questions so it seems the FAA had new questions that weren’t in this app.
Since the FAA will be changing the ATP exam as well as the structure of the qualifications after 8/1/14, be aware that this (and all other preparation companies) will probably have to play catch up.
In all after spending over a thousand dollars in pilot study apps, I feel the Dauntless programs are the best in how they operate and in the amount of customization of how the material is presented to the user. I highly recommend all to buy BOTH the Dauntless app for pure memorization as well as the King videos to help explain what you are memorizing.
Pro grade, the best stuff
I got my private before there were "apps" so I toiled with books. Dauntless apps are the finest . They are streamlined and elegant interfaces. They are put together and administered by pro pilots, you can tell. I have been strictly using these products for MEI, CFI-A, CFII and ATP writtens and oral practical prep.
These are pro grade products. The explanations are spelled out by the very experienced crew of pilots they have there. The price is unbeleivably low for the value.
Technically the interface is smooth, never have had a single hiccup.
In fact for My CFII I also got he audio lessons too so I could study while driving or whatever and I very nearly aced my written (1 wrong ....argh!)
I really recommend the audio the really set the facts in your head. This is not rote memorization. Explanation is always given when needed.
I recommend dauntless to all my students at all levels. The old books just don't get it done and the big name video programs are too costly and bulky/time consuming compared to the results.
You want to learn and pass tests? Cool. Get Dauntless.
Works like a Champ!
This Dauntless ATP prep app is Fantastic! I used it for 3 straight days in preparing for my ATP written and I scored an 85 with no issues. The app does a great job of breaking down each subject and allowing you to concentrate on a specific area for your question bank studies. The "flash card" option worked great for me and also offers an explanation tab that references the official answers from the source. I highly recommend this app, especially for those that love the convenience of having the entire ATP question bank right on your phone - Enjoy!
- Dauntless Software
- 738.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) Dauntless Aviation - www.dauntless-soft.com
- In-App Purchases
- Audio Review $18.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.