By Andrea Vettori
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Group Text! you can easily send mass texts (on iPhone) or mass iMessages (on all devices) to groups, to handpicked set of contacts or to distribution lists. Once you create a list, you no longer have to select contacts one-by-one for a group message. Simply tap on the list or group name and you are ready to send! And if you need to send the same message many times, just save it as a template and pick it later to auto populate the text of your message. You can also easily attach a photo (iOS7 required), the address and maps link of the current or a selected position and contacts information.
Group Text! uses your text plan to send messages and replies are received on the Messages application as usual or uses the iMessages service depending on your settings.
With the Share Extension (iOS8 required), access Group Text! while you're using other apps to share content easily.
User's guide available on the web site www.redbits.com. If in doubt, send an email to support ! We reply to every request the same day.
- send mass text messages / iMessages
- easy and quick interface
- use address book groups;
- handpick set of contacts from address book
- select / deselect single recipients in groups and lists
- create and manage distribution lists from address book or manually entering recipients information
- optionally create and use message templates
- insert photos (iOS7 required)
- insert contact information in message text
- insert the current location (address and maps link) in message text
- insert a picked location (address and maps link) in message text
- send in batches
- personalized texts when sending in batches of one recipient at a time
- setting to show all or only mobile numbers
- setting to show email addresses (for iMessage)
- alert manager to schedule up to 60 one shot or recurring alerts with pre-set lists/group and text; when an alert fire send a message with only a couple taps (in-app purchase)
- optional char counter with total used chars, size of the texts, number of the texts and remaining chars before an additional text is required.
- save or load recipients from / to csv documents
- exchange csv documents by E-Mail or iTunes
- print lists
- works on iPhone, iPad or iPod (iPad and iPod can only send iMessages)
- visually impaired users can fully control the app with VoiceOver+
- landscape support
- uses iCloud to sync lists and templates to all your devices
Note: the app can't use your existing groups when syncing with Exchange. You can however create lists in the app and use them.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
Check the FAQ to verify the settings to use when sending to large groups.
What's New in Version 3.4
- iPhone 6 and 6 plus native screen resolution support
- bug fixes
I have had GROUP TEXT for about 8 months. I use it daily to send out prayer requests and announcements to our church family. I love being able to group people also such as singers, band members, deacons, youth, etc because it makes sending messages to specific groups so easy. Also, the tech support people are so patient and helpful. I am not a techy person and on two occasions I have contacted them for advice and both times have found them to be persistent in finding my problem. Each time my problem had nothing to do with Group Text but they still helped me solve the problem related to my iPhone. Love Group Text!
Let's face it... hardly anyone responds to emails now.
As a coach, I have critical information that has to be disseminated and read in many last minute situations (weather issues, changes in plans, injured players, cancelled games).
I coach lacrosse for over 40 middle and high school boys, which means almost 80 parents. I did not want to add 80 contacts to my phone (especially when they will be gone in a few years).
This app has it all. I imported all the parents names and mobile numbers from an excel spreadsheet. (They are still not part of my contacts). In under a minute, I can send a text to all of the parents, or any subset of them. It comes from me, and if the parent replies I have it set so it DOES NOT reply-all (this would be the nightmare of all nightmares).
I have had to contact technical support twice by email for configuration questions, and they responded within 15 minutes both times, and solved my issues.
The parents see me as the most organized coach they have ever worked with.
Just recently downloaded this app and use it for a group messaging for my traveling baseball team I coach and also for their parents because they want to know everything. But I lost all of my "mobile" contacts and got all transferred to the Group Text! app so I had no contacts in my phone and could not text them in the Messages app that comes on the phone. After a couple emails back and forth with Support, they were able to fix my problem. They responded quickly and was on top of it!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 30, 2014
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 7.3 MB
- Languages: English, Italian
- Seller: Andrea Vettori
- © 2010 Andrea Vettori
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Alerts Manager$2.99