By Andrea Vettori
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With Group Text! you can easily send mass texts (on iPhone) or mass iMessages (on all devices) to groups, to handpicked set of contacts or to distribution lists. Once you create a list, you no longer have to select contacts one-by-one for a group message. Simply tap on the list or group name and you are ready to send! And if you need to send the same message many times, just save it as a template and pick it later to auto populate the text of your message. You can also easily attach a photo (iOS7 required), the address and maps link of the current or a selected position and contacts information.
Group Text! uses your text plan to send messages and replies are received on the Messages application as usual or uses the iMessages service depending on your settings.
With the Share Extension (iOS8 required), access Group Text! while you're using other apps to share content easily.
User's guide available on the web site www.redbits.com. If in doubt, send an email to support ! We reply to every request the same day.
- send mass text messages / iMessages
- easy and quick interface
- use address book groups;
- handpick set of contacts from address book
- select / deselect single recipients in groups and lists
- create and manage distribution lists from address book or manually entering recipients information
- optionally create and use message templates
- insert photos (iOS7 required)
- insert contact information in message text
- insert the current location (address and maps link) in message text
- insert a picked location (address and maps link) in message text
- send in batches
- personalized texts when sending in batches of one recipient at a time
- setting to show all or only mobile numbers
- setting to show email addresses (for iMessage)
- alert manager to schedule up to 60 one shot or recurring alerts with pre-set lists/group and text; when an alert fire send a message with only a couple taps (in-app purchase)
- optional char counter with total used chars, size of the texts, number of the texts and remaining chars before an additional text is required.
- save or load recipients from / to csv documents
- exchange csv documents by E-Mail or iTunes
- print lists
- works on iPhone, iPad or iPod (iPad and iPod can only send iMessages)
- visually impaired users can fully control the app with VoiceOver+
- landscape support
- uses iCloud to sync lists and templates to all your devices
Note: the app can't use your existing groups when syncing with Exchange. You can however create lists in the app and use them.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
Check the FAQ to verify the settings to use when sending to large groups.
What's New in Version 3.4
- iPhone 6 and 6 plus native screen resolution support
- bug fixes
Good, not great
I have been a Samsung user for years and I work in youth ministry. I contact lots of high schoolers at lots of different campuses and I use my phone and group texting ALL the time. I decided to give iPhone a try since everyone said it's so intuitive and easy. That is NOT true when creating groups and sending group texts.
What I love about this app is that I can create lists and send to as many contacts as I want. That is nice because on my Samsung I could only do batches of twenty.
However, because I don't want everyone to get each individual's response, I have to turn off group messaging in my settings. That is a pain because my friends and family also send me group messages where I want to see everyone's responses. My messaging app on my Samsung was AWESOME at this because I could toggle back and forth between "group conversation" and "individual messages" within the app, on the same page as the message, and without messing around with settings.
If this app is missing something, that would be it and it is huge for me since this is one of my main uses for my phone. No other iOS apps let me do this so maybe it is Apple's problem, but it is frustrating for me and may be a dealbreaker between Apple and me.
I’ve been using this app for years and I haven’t had any issues until this recent update. I have all the settings right, but now the app wants to force a mass text to be an iMessage. Even if I turn iMessage OFF it wants to send my mass text as an iMessage. I have a group of 71 people and many of them do not have iPhones. If I do send the mass text, it sends as iMessage and just doesn’t send the message to people without iPhones to force the group text instead of iMessage. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG! I love this app otherwise. It’s the only app I’ve been able to find that does mass text without complications. I’ve been sending these daily texts for 9 years up until the update. Many of my recipients don’t know each other and I even don’t know a lot of them as they’ve asked to be on my list for my daily inspiration. I need mass text feature, not Group text! Please fix!!
My Favorite App
I'm in AA and do spiritual work every day. Before journaling and writing my daily gratitude list, I read out of about 7 or 8 books looking for some spiritual recovery tidbit that helps me love my life even more, then I text it out with my experience, strength & hope on the subject. The list I text it to grew from 3 to over 60, so this app is a lifesaver. I can add or remove names on the list without having to redo the list as is required in Apple's standard text app. Five Stars!
Update: had to lower my review as it doesn’t seem to work in iOS 11 and I’m not getting a response from support on a fix. It acts in the same manner as regular group texting from the iPhone now, and, rather than sending the texted out individually, it send to the group allowing everyone to interact, which is the reason I got this app. I’ll update back to 5 stars if they fix this.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 30, 2014
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Languages: English, Italian
- Seller: Andrea Vettori
- © 2010 Andrea Vettori
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Alerts Manager$2.99