By Mindless Dribble Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GroupMe is the best way to chat with everyone you know. It's free, whether you're talking to a group of friends, or texting with one person. Best of all, it works on nearly every phone, with a smartphone app or via SMS. With GroupMe, it's easy to reach anyone, anytime, anywhere.
On GroupMe, you can catch up with your family, get a group together for a night out, coordinate with co-workers, or just gossip with a few of your closest friends. Think about it like your own private Twitter, just for the people you really know. Or like a faster, better reply-all email.
No matter how you think about it, "you won't know how you lived without it once you give it a shot." -Gizmodo
Now a part of the Skype family.
Chat with a group
- Start groups with the people already in your phone's address book… no need to remember usernames or PINs.
- The conversation starts instantly. The app uses your data connection, so even iPod touches and iPads can join in on the fun.
- When you have a poor connection, the app will let you start receiving your messages via SMS instead. You'll never miss a thing!
- Share the group with people you want to join with a simple URL. It's perfect for when you don't have everyone's phone number — or when you're not sure who will want to chat with you.
Get fancy with it
- Share photos inline – take them on-the-go or choose them from your Camera Roll. Check out the Gallery to see all the photos shared in each group.
- Send GroupMe exclusive FREE emoji in your groups and direct messages.
- Attach your location to any message so nobody gets lost.
- Give your group an avatar — choose anything that represents your group.
- Tap the heart next to any message to "like" it and spread some love.
Send a private message
- Take your private conversations outside the group.
- It's just like free texting… send all the messages you want and you'll never pay a cent.
Connect the app just once, and we'll keep you up to date with push notifications. No need to log in every day… it just works.
Hey, we want to hear your feedback! Direct your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find us on Twitter (@GroupMe) and Facebook: facebook.com/groupme
NOTE: SMS chat currently available in US only. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
Made with love in New York
What's New in Version 4.4.1
You can now search for and attach animated gifs, images, and videos from within any chat.
We hope you enjoy this feature as much as we do (search "dancing" in the gifs section to get an idea of how we feel about it).
And if you indeed love this update, we'd appreciate it if you let us know with a positive review. Thanks!
Fixed bug that caused the app to freeze for some users when pasting text.
From one college kid to the next...
What I like about this app is not only it's looks, but also it's ability. Group texting large groups is easier, and I don't have to deal with the constant vibration and ringing of my phone from everyone's messages, should I choose to turn the notifications off. It also combines the best of both worlds by allowing me to text through my actual text messages OR through the app. Overall, a fine job on the creators part.
The newest installment of the gif usage will only create a better atmosphere for texting my nerdy classmates of bio-lab, as well as the inappropriate/ funny sharing of gifs with my fraternity brothers. Good work and can't wait to see what else this app will have to offer in the future.
Fantastic and Under-rated
This app is fantastic. The look and feel is clean and well done. I've been using this app for about a year and a half and there is no going back. Whatsapp is popular but incredibly ugly and poorly designed. The integration of meme, gif and video search is a great bonus and the emoticons for this app are fantastic. Well rounded and very well done.
I use it to keep in contact with the guys on my dorm floor, the campus ministry I'm involved with and the small group I'm involved with at church. It keeps everything nice and organized and the notifications are annoying! Would recommend it to anyone!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 11, 2014
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Mindless Dribble, Inc.
- © 2014 Mindless Dribble Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Most Wanted Emoji Pack$0.99
- South Park Emoji$1.99
- University of Texas Emoji Pack$1.99
- University of Alabama Emoji Pack$1.99