By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
GroupMe - A Home for All the Groups in Your Life.
Family. Roommates. Friends. Coworkers. Teams. Vacations. Greek Life. Bands. Faith Groups. Events.
“Lifechanger.... utterly indispensable”
Add anyone to a group via their phone number or email address. If they don’t have the app, they can start chatting over SMS immediately.
You’re in charge! Mute specific chats, or the entire app – you can even leave or end group chats.
SAY MORE THAN WORDS
With an extensive set of exclusive emoji, you can express yourself in a whole new way.
THE WHOLE INTERNET IN YOUR GROUP
Meme images, search for and send GIFs and videos, and see content shared from URLs displayed in the chat.
SHARE NOW, RELIVE LATER
The gallery saves your memories. Easily explore the photos and videos shared in your group now, or later.
LEAVE TEXTING BEHIND
With direct messages, you can use all the features you love for group chat, but one-on-one.
CHAT WHEREVER YOU ARE
Including from your computer at groupme.com
Stay in touch whether you’re separated by a hallway or a hemisphere. Get your group together.
We want to hear your feedback!
NOTE: SMS chat currently available in US only. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
Made with love in New York
What's New in Version 5.12.3
The GroupMe team invites you to enjoy this minor update.
Details about improvements in this version include:
· Tired of tapping on Poll Result notifications to see who won? The winner is now part of the results notification.
· The attachement tray's case of benign paroxysmal rotational displacement has been cured, and will no longer get disoriented after device rotation.
· Some users pointed out that the iPad would mark messages as read even though they had not been viewed; this has been fixed.
· iPad navigation bar will now read out meaningful information for each item when voice-over is activated.
· Voice-over users can now easily create new chats when using voice-over.
· All buttons for adding members to a group are now voice-over accessible.
· General improvements of voice-over read outs.
As always, we love hearing what you think, so please consider leaving a review! For more information, please visit our support page: http://groupme.com/help
Great App, but could be even better
This is a great app that I use every single day for a bunch of different group messages, but I feel like there are a few ways it could be improved to make it even more useful/ easier to use:
Being able to view a picture from a notification without having to go into the app. It is very annoying to have to pull out my phone and go into the app to see the picture especially when I have an Apple Watch.
It would be great to have an Apple Watch app to accommodate the iOS app. Along with being able to view a picture right from the notification this would be extremely useful with the new Apple Watch with cellular connectivity. Imagine if you are out going for a walk or run with just your Apple Watch Series 3 and someone sends you a picture. With the current system you would have to wait until you got home to view the picture. Another nice feature for the Apple Watch app would be the ability to see past messages instead of just the ones from notifications that go away when you tap on them. This would be just like how the messages app works on my Apple Watch.
I love GroupMe! One suggestion.
I love GroupMe! I use it for every collaboration project at school and work because of the convenience that it adds. The most convenient tool is that I can create a group with a specific name so I know exactly who I'm talking to and for what project. This eliminates searching through my everyday messaging app for the names of members of my group. One addition that I think would expand the app is a feature that allows group leaders to show members how to join. For example, text "custom message" to "#####." I know this would make it convenient for people to join groups I create that are for the purpose of sending reminders about events, assignments, or projects.
Pretty good except needs more controls
I have at least 7 or 8 active GroupMe groups and it is much better than using group texts because I can remove myself whenever I want, I can mute it. I also appreciate the gallery with all our previously shared photos. However, I wish there was a way to make sure that I'm replying to the right group. With so many, it's easy to accidentally say something about drinking on Friday night to the women in my church group. Lol. Also, for groups that are really active- I'd love to be able to organize the conversation in some way so I can catch-up on what I missed while I was actually working without reading through 6 hours of gifs and tangents.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 21, 2017
- Version: 5.12.3
- Size: 67.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2017 Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Most Wanted Emoji Pack$0.99
- Most Wanted 2 Emoji Pack$0.99
- Adventure Time$1.99
- University of Alabama Emoji Pack$1.99
- Michigan Wolverines Emoji Pack$0.99
- University of Texas Emoji Pack$1.99
- Florida Gators Emoji Pack$0.99
- Wisconsin Badgers Emoji Pack$0.99
- March Madness Emoji Pack$0.99
- University of Notre Dame Emoji$1.99