Groupon - Deals, Coupons & Shopping: Local Restaurants, Hotels, Yoga & Spas
By Groupon, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Groupon delivers unbeatable deals for 50—70% off the best stuff to do, see, eat, and buy in more than 500 cities located mostly on earth.
Download the Groupon app to start saving on everything you’re looking for—from right next door to across the globe. Whether you’re shopping for the latest fashion trends, craving a new restaurant in town, or spending work meetings daydreaming about tropical travel, a daily replenishment of deals delivers all the discounts you like.
Every deal is available to use immediately, so you’re never more than a few taps away from a relaxing massage, tickets to the night’s hottest event, or a chance to eat a whole pizza by yourself.
With the Groupon iOS app, you can:
• Buy and redeem Groupon deals directly from your iOS device.
• Track your purchased vouchers by location and expiration date.
• Save ink and avoid traumatic paper cuts by never printing another voucher or clipping another coupon.
And there’s more:
• Instantly redeem vouchers for on-demand deals on food, fun, fashion, and wellness.
• Use Groupon Goods to enjoy low prices without settling for bargain products.
• Collect the fanciest hotel shampoos or travel to exotic destinations with Groupon Getaways.
• Get in the spirit of the season shopping fun, themed collections for holidays and events our calendars say are important.
• Share Groupon deals with friends, family, and fiscally responsible robots via social media.
Put down the coupon book and pick up the Groupon iOS app—your ticket to explore the best each city has to offer at savings of up to 70% off.
What's New in Version 3.10.1
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
* iPad: Now with the latest and the best designs for iPad! Specially optimized for iOS8. Navigation, Searching, Browsing deals made easier!
** Discover specials running around you, and reviews, tips for Merchants right from your iPad
** Get a wider selection of Hotels on your iPad
* Nearby In-App messages to inform you when you have deals nearby!
* [US and Canada] My Groupons update! Now you can access your gifts right from the app
* Startup performance improvements, bug fixes, and more!
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
* Apple Pay is now available on iPad!
* [Select European Countries] Much improved category selector on the Goods tab, making it even easier to find that perfect deal
* [Belgium, Brazil, United Arab Emirates] New Nearby tab to help you find Groupon deals close by
* Search functionality is now available in all European countries!
* More performance improvements and lots of bug fixes
Too many sneaky practices
I had quit Groupon mainly because they sell FUR. I got sucked back in over the Christmas holiday. And again, loved/hated Groupon. I am really irritated now.
1. I bought a fairly expensive service. I could not reach the merchant to schedule an appointment to redeem my Groupon. I called and got a message that their phone was disconnected and emailed and never got a response. Groupon customer support kept sending automated responses to my request for assistance. They even said they'd been in touch with the company and that I would hear from someone soon. I never did. I requested a refund (which Groupon specifically states it will gladly provide in the event that a business goes out of business). Instead of a refund, they gave me over $200 in "Groupon Bucks!!!" I didn't realize this until I made a purchase on Groupon and could ONLY pay using Groupon Bucks. I asked again for a REAL refund, bites stood that because I had used some of the Groupon Bucks that they'd arbitrarily decided to give me in lieu of a refund, they could no longer provide a refund!!
2. There are an inordinate number of adult toys with explicit photos and descriptions that appear in and cannot be blocked from the app stream.
3. The shopping cart is gone. This means you must order one size and one color at a time= no deal on the shipping when you want the same exact item in three different colors. But you can have several of the same item in one color...
Fantastic application with some slip ups, but forgivable.
Amazing deals and has come in UNBELIEVABLY clutch countless times. However there have been times when some sketchy stuff happens such as your order being processed and paid for but two months go by and your product isn't there. The reason why this is understandable is because groupon is an outlet to businesses, not necessarily In control of the good or service you are buying. So if something is out of stock at the business and groupon doesn't know, how would we? And customer service is extremely helpful, can be quicker. Groupon has screwed me a few times. But has definitely helped me more than those times.
All-in-all, with the business they got going and all the members signed up, they'll hopefully only become more efficient. I'm a grouponer
I would give it 5 stars if...
1.) when I am scrolling way down looking for a deal and I click on one to read but when I select "back" it takes me back to the top of the list... I always end my search right there because it's so frustrating!
2) and, most importantly, the app allowed me to "favorite" a deal or "save for later". I would love to be able to create different wish lists. I was trying to come up with ideas for my sisters birthday because she wanted to do something fun. As I looked at a casino cruise and a weekend at the beach I desperately wanted to be able to save them so that I wouldn't have to start my search again once she decided what she wanted to do.
Hopefully you guys are paying attention to these reviews :)
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 04, 2015
- Version: 3.10.1
- Size: 57.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Groupon, Inc.
- © 2015 Groupon, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.