Join GrowIt! the planting community.
On GrowIt! you can connect with people to have your plants identified and your questions answered, while finding inspiration for your next project.
>> Have your plant and garden questions answered.
• Figure out why your fiddle leaf fig is turning yellow.
• Identify all of those mystery plants you’ve been seeing.
• See what’s been eating your tomatoes.
• Learn how to properly prepare your soil.
>> Access detailed plant information.
• Find great information on how to care for all of those houseplants that have taken over your apartment.
• Discover what it takes to grow the biggest vegetables in your community garden.
• Learn what flowers you should be planting, and which ones you should be avoiding.
• Sort with the filter feature to find plants based on where you’re planting.
• Use our Garden Shops feature to find a quality place to buy plants near you.
>> Connect with local plant friends around you.
• Depending on where you live, plants tend to grow differently.
• Use GrowIt! to see what the community around you is growing.
• Comment on your favorite plants and get advice from local Plant Masters.
>> Find the inspiration you’ve been looking for.
• Browse through projects to find the ultimate theme for greening up your apartment.
• Explore options for building a raised bed
• Search through hundreds of thousands of photos and member profiles and follow your favorite GrowIt! influencers.
• Add your own project to track your progress and show off your green thumb!
• Visit our botanical garden partners to experience their gardens from a brand new perspective.
What are you waiting for? Let’s GrowIt!
We appreciate your feedback. This version includes bug fixes and updates including:
-Ability to navigate to another member's profile from their comment
-Fixing the search results for Help Me ID and Staff Pick Plants
-Fixing project updates
-Fixing a couple of crashes
-Minor tour upgrade
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing App With Just A Few Issues
I love Growit!, and would recommend it to anyone who wants a gardening app. The format is great and encourages community engagement and I love the Plant Master program! It’s a fun app to use and you can earn free plants and other stuff through participation. The only reason I can’t give it 5 stars is because it is still a bit buggy. The issue that bothers me most is that when posting images, the top of the image is cut off and you have to guesstimate the amount of cutoff you’re going to get to still have your plant visible. There’s also just that sometimes it will freeze after posting a plant. However, many past bugs have been fixed, and I don’t think the remaining ones ruin the app. It’s true that many plants aren’t in the database and it takes ages to get them added, but I think that’s acceptable since you can just post the plant under a different name and clarify in the comments what it actually is.
Best gardening community there is!
I recommend this app 5 stars! This app is great! Not only does the community help identify your new plant. Grow it tells you all the specifics about it. They always have new giveaways as well. Plant masters is awesome too!! I’ve already received a shirt, 4 plants and a baby onesie for my son!! I have been on this app since 2015. By far it’s the best I’ve ever joined!! Forget about Facebook groups this is where it’s at!
Wonderful way to bring technology Into the garden
What better way to be able to connect and exchange gardening questions with people all around the world! I love that you can ask questions and show off your hard work as well as maybe learn about a plant or two that doesn’t live in your area! Great app!!
- Ball Horticultural Company
- 171.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2019 GrowIt! All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.