GROWLr: Gay Bear Social Network
By Initech LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
More Bears in More Places...
Winner of the 2014 Cybersocket award for "Best Hookup App" for gay men!
What's a Bear? A Bear is a masculine gay man who belongs to a very inclusive part the gay community. Some are have hairy, some are muscular, and some are heavy-set. ...And some are none of those things. Being a bear is about being yourself, and being accepted for it, and we are all amazing no matter how we are labeled.
With over 4,500,000 members worldwide, GROWLr allows you to meet other Bears from around the world or right in your own neighborhood. GROWLr is fast, reliable and easy to use.
It's the perfect way to meet guys and make friends whether you are sitting at home or traveling abroad. Send and receive private instant messages and pictures. Complete and up-to-date Bear Run and Bear Bar listings. Blogs, Galleries, Checkin features, Notes and More.
GROWLr allows only males 18 years or older. Photos depicting nudity or sex acts are strictly prohibited.
Visit us on Facebook:
Or on the web:
GROWLr PRO Membership Subscriptions:
GROWLr PRO - 1 month, $3.99 USD
GROWLr PRO - 3 months, $9.99 USD
GROWLr PRO - 6 months, $17.99 USD
GROWLr PRO - 1 year, $29.99 USD
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the price listed above for your renewal term
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Terms of Service: http://www.growlrapp.com/tos
What's New in Version 9.0
- iPad support
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Send Meet Requests to nearby users
- Travel indicators for users that are new to the area
- New "I Am" and "Looking For" types
- Directly access your messages from search results
Devolving into monetized hell
I find I enjoy using this app a great deal more than the alternatives, such as GRINDr and Scruff. I really like that I can access profiles and messages in various ways and appreciate the Events publication. Very useful for finding folks who will be attending upcoming bear runs!
I cannot for the life of me understand why there is such a rush to make up stupid features and monetize them. Why would one bother to use the meet request feature, which I presumably need to pay for if I don't want to wait two hours to reply to one, when I could just send a message? "Hey I like you. Let's meet!" Sorry. It's just dumb. And it doesn't inspire me to want to pay.
Maybe pay attention to reviews and actually implement things people ask for? Might lead to people paying and improving ratings. Go figure!
* Allow symbols in passwords. Display error when doing password reset if unsupported characters are used.
* enhance graphics to support larger screens, like with bigger thumbnails.
* it would be extremely useful to be able to FILTER normal user displays rather than just being able to search, especially since search doesn't really provide searches that are similar to the normal displays. Example: show all globally logged in guys what match X, Y, Z
* better control of alert volume level (was a huge problem on iPhone 5 and iOS 8, but now not noticing it on iPhone 6+ and iOS 8)
You'll need glasses for the latest version...
Wow, everything is so small. I have 20/20 vision (as of my January eye exam)... But not sure why they would decrease the size of everything. Very difficult to view. I only upgraded to this latest version since I got a silly "meet request" from Admin and the message indicated to download the latest version to see who from... Well, I still can't see who it was from. If I knew that, I would have stayed on the prior version. Waste of time.
Can no longer click on the paper clip to attach a picture, without being kicked off Growlr. After 6 attempts in a row... I gave up.
Why bother having filters, if your app won't, ya know.. Filter??
Don't you think that if you set age ranges and weights, or whatever in your searches that the results that come back should actually match those things? Me too! What a concept, I know, right?? If there's a characteristic that you set a specific range for, then profiles that fall outside of that should just simply not show up in your results, crowding out the profiles that you might actually want to se. How hard is this, people? Geez!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 18, 2015
- Version: 9.0
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Initech, LLC
- © 2010 Initech LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- GROWLr PRO Membership$3.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$9.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$29.99
- SHOUT! (5 Miles)$4.99
- SHOUT! (20 Miles)$19.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$17.99
- SHOUT! (10 Miles)$9.99
- Custom Growl$0.99
- Donation (Bronze)$2.99
- Donation (Silver)$7.99