GROWLr: Gay Bear Social Network
By Initech LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
More Bears in More Places...
Winner of the 2014 Cybersocket award for "Best Hookup App" for gay men!
What's a Bear? A Bear is a masculine gay man who belongs to a very inclusive part the gay community. Some are have hairy, some are muscular, and some are heavy-set. ...And some are none of those things. Being a bear is about being yourself, and being accepted for it, and we are all amazing no matter how we are labeled.
With over 8,000,000 members worldwide, GROWLr allows you to meet other Bears from around the world or right in your own neighborhood. GROWLr is fast, reliable and easy to use.
It's the perfect way to meet guys and make friends whether you are sitting at home or traveling abroad. Send and receive private instant messages, pictures and video. Complete and up-to-date Bear Run and Bear Bar listings. Galleries, Checkin features, Notes and More.
GROWLr allows only males 18 years or older. Photos depicting nudity or sex acts are strictly prohibited.
Visit us on Facebook:
Or on the web:
GROWLr PRO Membership Subscriptions:
GROWLr PRO - 1 month, $7.99 USD
GROWLr PRO - 3 months, $19.99 USD
GROWLr PRO - 6 months, $36.99 USD
GROWLr PRO - 1 year, $59.99 USD
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the price listed above for your renewal term
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Terms of Service: http://www.growlrapp.com/tos
What's New in Version 10.00
Lots of exciting new changes for v10.00!
- Updated UI: sleeker, cleaner profiles
- Enhanced profile options: new categories to describe who you are and what you are looking for
- Improved Search Features: new preset searches and custom saved searches
- New Notes Features: create new notes attached to individual profiles
- Improved picture quality
- Misc. bug fixes and performance enhancements
I've contacted GROWLr several times I continue to get the same response which other clients who pay for the premium account are getting also.
If you try to use your iPad to download your profile photo only the very bottom of your left ear lobe will appear. The scale is completely off and cannot be edited in the iPad. One must go use their iPhone in order to submit a photo that will show up in your profile. When I have contacted GROWLr support I receive the same boilerplate response: "when Apple upgrades their software hopefully this problem will go away."
If you are using your iPad to access GROWLr, it can only be used in the upright position as this app will not rotate when the screen is used in a horizontal position. When I have contacted GROWLr support I receive the same boilerplate response: "when Apple upgrades their software hopefully this problem will go away."
When using the iPad to access GROWLr the messages will not sync and update to include messages received on the iPhone. When I have contacted GROWLr support I receive the same boilerplate response: "when Apple upgrades their software hopefully this problem will go away."
I cannot wait for a savvy entrepreneur to come along use The growler format as an example and tweak it before charging people for using it.
Hands down better than the alternatives. For starters, a real BEAR designated app was WAY overdue. Growlr is simple, intuitive, easy to use design and has put me in touch with countless HOT men from all over the globe. What's not to love? I don't see how ANYONE could give this app a 1-star. Maybe I don't have the latest version, and I don't see the full page ads and videos some are talking about? But honestly, I know they will work it out because they've created the BEST app for bears period. I had the pleasure of meeting the owners and they're the sweetest, nicest, most caring guys you'll ever meet. They truly deserve the support and all the success in the world.
Please get some help
PLEASE get an information architect and a usability designer to work with or for you. And then do testing. Real usability testing. Maybe some user research before? I see the app lagging so far behind in design and interaction. How can you implement the new profile design that chops the main photo up? Heads are missing, I'm staring at knees sometimes. If you think people won't get tired of having yet another click to see the whole main photo you're wrong. I see many people are upset about the loss of blogs, you could have lessened that in the update notes in the AppStore. "Lots of great new features" doesn't help you communicate what's new nor does it help set expectations when features are deprecated. You have a space in the bear social market and you're wasting it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 10.00
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Initech, LLC
- © 2010 Initech LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- GROWLr PRO Membership$3.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$7.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$9.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$19.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$29.99
- SHOUT! (5 Miles)$4.99
- SHOUT! (20 Miles)$19.99
- SHOUT! (10 Miles)$9.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$17.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$59.99