GROWLr: Gay Bear Social Network
By Initech LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
More Bears in More Places...
Winner of the 2014 Cybersocket award for "Best Hookup App" for gay men!
What's a Bear? A Bear is a masculine gay man who belongs to a very inclusive part the gay community. Some are have hairy, some are muscular, and some are heavy-set. ...And some are none of those things. Being a bear is about being yourself, and being accepted for it, and we are all amazing no matter how we are labeled.
With over 8,000,000 members worldwide, GROWLr allows you to meet other Bears from around the world or right in your own neighborhood. GROWLr is fast, reliable and easy to use.
It's the perfect way to meet guys and make friends whether you are sitting at home or traveling abroad. Send and receive private instant messages, pictures and video. Complete and up-to-date Bear Run and Bear Bar listings. Galleries, Checkin features, Notes and More.
GROWLr allows only males 18 years or older. Photos depicting nudity or sex acts are strictly prohibited.
Visit us on Facebook:
Or on the web:
GROWLr PRO Membership Subscriptions:
GROWLr PRO - 1 month, $7.99 USD
GROWLr PRO - 3 months, $19.99 USD
GROWLr PRO - 6 months, $36.99 USD
GROWLr PRO - 1 year, $59.99 USD
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the price listed above for your renewal term
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Terms of Service: http://www.growlrapp.com/tos
What's New in Version 10.01
Lots of exciting new changes for v10.00!
- Updated UI: sleeker, cleaner profiles
- Enhanced profile options: new categories to describe who you are and what you are looking for
- Improved Search Features: new preset searches and custom saved searches
- New Notes Features: create new notes attached to individual profiles
- Improved picture quality
- Misc. bug fixes and performance enhancements
Great App and the Nicest Guys
I've tried them all: grindr, Scruff, jack'd, hornet, Mr. X, etc., but these beefy men are the friendliest around by far. The app isn't as streamlined as some of its competitors, but makes up for lackluster design with a huge number of sexy dudes. There is essentially none of the coldness and bitchiness that has become the norm on Grindr and, to a lesser extent, Scruff.
I've found that users almost always reply and it's certainly less of a headless torso-fest than other hookup/dating apps. You won't find the icy gym rat here, so move on if you lust after basic boys. This app is for guys of all shapes, sizes, and colors. Body hair recommended but not required.
The guys aren't only gorgeous, beefy, and real, but also smart, empathetic, and tend to respond in complete sentences. The feel is more of a community and less of a meat market. So if you're tired of playing with your Ken doll or chasing around mannequins, you need to check it out!
I've contacted GROWLr several times I continue to get the same response which other clients who pay for the premium account are getting also.
If you try to use your iPad to download your profile photo only the very bottom of your left ear lobe will appear. The scale is completely off and cannot be edited in the iPad. One must go use their iPhone in order to submit a photo that will show up in your profile. When I have contacted GROWLr support I receive the same boilerplate response: "when Apple upgrades their software hopefully this problem will go away."
If you are using your iPad to access GROWLr, it can only be used in the upright position as this app will not rotate when the screen is used in a horizontal position. When I have contacted GROWLr support I receive the same boilerplate response: "when Apple upgrades their software hopefully this problem will go away."
When using the iPad to access GROWLr the messages will not sync and update to include messages received on the iPhone. When I have contacted GROWLr support I receive the same boilerplate response: "when Apple upgrades their software hopefully this problem will go away."
I cannot wait for a savvy entrepreneur to come along use The growler format as an example and tweak it before charging people for using it.
GROWLr is a GRRREAT Site!!
This site is great to meet people, to hook up, to catch up with friends, to chat with people from other parts of the world, although that can be pretty frustrating-not exactly like taking a short ride to meet a hot stud....
Easy to communicate with other bears or bear chasers or people into bears or bears into non-bears. Got the picture? It's ALL GOOD! Easier than some orher sites and doesn't have the attitude other sites have. All I can say is try it.
One other thing - the support staff takes blocking someone or barring them from the site very seriously if they have threatened or treated you in a threstening way and will investigate and act quickly, not like some others who I think wait until you don't press it anymore.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 08, 2016
- Version: 10.01
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Initech, LLC
- © 2010 Initech LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- GROWLr PRO Membership$7.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$3.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$19.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$9.99
- SHOUT! (5 Miles)$4.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$29.99
- SHOUT! (20 Miles)$19.99
- SHOUT! (10 Miles)$9.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$59.99
- GROWLr PRO Membership$17.99