What song just started playing in iTunes? With GrowlTunes you will no longer have to ask yourself that question, you'll just know. GrowlTunes makes it easy to see what track is playing, and gives you even more control, like changing track ratings and the volume of iTunes too. If you have Growl you can even change the way track change notifications look.
GrowlTunes makes using iTunes even more fun. Whether in an office or at a party, GrowlTunes definitely comes in handy when you just need to know.
- Adds keyboard Shortcuts for controlling your music.
- You can now run GrowlTunes in the background.
- You can format what fields show up in notifications.
- Note - Artwork icons requires Growl on 10.8. Notification Center does not allow for custom icons.
- Improves memory resource usage by updating the Growl framework.
- Adds support for OS X notification center on 10.8.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Gowl Addon
Does what it says and easy to configure. Very nice growl addon.
One thing though: It allows you to choose the fields (album, artist, playtime, etc) on the popup. However, there doesn’t seem to be any delineation between the fields, so it all appears in one whack. I tried leaving a blank line in the config, but no effect. Would be nice to seperate the fields with whitespace at least.
Glad that GrowlTunes was updated for Lion. Only a few small things that would make this app perfect: As others have said, allow an option to hide the menu item. Also, optionally include the rating for the currently playing song, and listen for changes to the current song's rating and display a notification(I use Alfred's keyboard shortcuts to set ratings of songs while I work and it'd be nice to get some feedback that I've changed the rating on a song). Other than that, this is great!
First of all, you can easily open this at login, all you have to do is drag and drop it down onto the dock, right click open at login, and then you can remove it from the dock. (I dragged it from launchpad).
This is wonderful and I'm glad it was finally built. The one thing that annoys me, is that whenever I click on the icon in the status bar, it takes two clicks to open up or is really slow doing so. If this was fixed, I would give 5 stars.
- The Growl Project, LLC
- 2 MB
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Friulian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 The Growl Project, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.