By GrowlyBird Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Growly Notes is the most versatile note-taking app available for the Mac. Collect any kind of data—rich text, images, PDFs, movies, audio clips—and arrange it on the page any way you like.
Notebooks are organized into sections containing free-form pages, like a scrapbook. On each page, notes can lie next to each other, or you can layer the notes so they overlap.
• Work on multiple Macs, or collaborate on a notebook with friends or colleagues.
• Sync notebooks on demand from any Mac to the master copy on a file server, a shared folder, or the web.
• Two sync styles: replace the old with the new, or merge differences with conflict handling.
• Click anywhere on a page and just start typing.
• Rich text: multiple fonts and all standard text styles.
• Pictures embedded in the text can be scaled.
• Links to websites, files, or places within your notebooks.
• Lists for making outlines or to-do lists. Markers can be numbers, bullets, or a checkbox for ticking off completed tasks.
• Tables organize your data into rows and columns. They can contain any of the elements listed above.
• Take notes in Growly Notes while you're working in another app using floating note windows.
• Record audio and video directly into your notebook.
• Optionally remembers all the text notes created during the recording, and jumps back to them during playback.
• Create a link to any point in the recording or playback so you can jump to it instantly.
• Use your camera to take a snapshot image.
DRAWING & PDFs
• Simple drawing tools for highlighting and annotating.
• Drawings and text can be merged into PDF notes so they stick to the PDF pages.
• Highlight text in PDFs.
• Pull each PDF page out into a separate note, or keep them all together.
• Click on a search result to jump to the note containing the text and highlight all instances.
• Limit the search, or search all open notebooks.
• Tag notes for categorizing or future action. Search for all tagged notes with one mouse click. Create your own tags.
• The format brush copies text formatting and paints it onto other text.
• Styles for text, paragraphs, lists, and tables apply your favorite formats with a single mouse click.
• The format panel shows all formatting options, from words all the way up to the notebook, grouped into sections to make them easy to understand—or hide them if you never use them.
• Five notebook templates and 60 page templates for everything from meeting notes to tranquil musings.
• Create your own templates for layouts you use frequently, and easily share them with other people.
• Navigate with an outline of the notebook, or use colorful tabs.
• Choose from standard section colors in five color schemes, or pick your own colors.
• Keep all notebooks in one window for efficiency, or put each in its own window.
• Set defaults for new pages, including the template, zoom, and background color.
OTHER GREAT FEATURES
• Password-protect sensitive sections.
• Lock pages and notes to prevent accidental changes.
• Export to many other formats, including RTF and HTML, for archival, sharing, or final edits in another app.
• High-quality printing.
• Spell checking.
• Note borders.
• Background images or colors on pages.
• Align text with page rule lines.
• Menu bar widget for common tasks.
• Perform calculations right in your notebook.
• Automatic backups for extra security.
• Print directly to Growly Notes from any app with a free tool downloaded from our website.
• 10.7.3 and later.
• Text in most languages, but not right-to-left or vertical scripts.
• Does not support iCloud.
• iPad version coming in early 2015.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
• Support for the iPad version of Notes (coming soon).
• Much easier to turn off bold and italic.
• Many other improvements and bug fixes.