gTasks HD Pro - Google Tasks Manager for Todo list & Reminders
By Yaniv Katan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- A single purchase covers all your iPhone/iPad devices -
• gTasks is a powerful and intuitive tasks manager.
• Supports full synchronization with Google Tasks (GMail/Google Apps) securely over https, naturally integrating into Google Calendar.
• Repeating tasks (daily, weekly...), e.g. "Pay credit card" every month. Once completed, the task's date is updated to the next month.
• Alerts for upcoming tasks including repeating alerts for repeating tasks.
• Location based alerts*, such as "When I arrive home", "When I leave the office" or "When I'm nearby the shopping mall".
• Multi-level sub-tasking.
• Universal app - designed both for iPhone and iPad, neat and clean user interface.
• Very clean, responsive (fast) and intuitive user interface.
• Customizable tasks view & full search support.
* Location based alerts: Due to hardware limitations, this feature is available only on iPhone 4 and above, iPad 2 3G and above, running iOS 5.0 and above.
Optionally, you can sync your tasks with Google Tasks.
Google Tasks is available in free GMail/Google account or Google Apps account.
Syncing your tasks with Google Tasks has the following benefits:
• Sync your tasks between your iPhone and iPad devices.
• No permanent internet connection required. gTasks will sync updated tasks as soon as an internet connection is available.
• Your tasks are backed up.
• Manage your tasks conveniently on your home/office PC, and have them synced to your iPhone/iPad and vice versa.
• Have your tasks in your Google Tasks and Google Calendar.
• Share tasks with your colleagues.
Check out this video at:
What's New in Version 4.4.1
I think this app is by far one of the better reminder/task apps I've tried. And YES...I have tried a bunch of them. My main concern is the "overdue"portion of this app. It doesn't work as I feel it should. Just my opinion of course! It doesn't seem to consider the task "past due" until the next day. I would prefer (when there is a specific time set) to notify its past due immediately following the missed time. Also...the notification doesn't show as past due on the counter unless you open the app and close it again. Only then will it show a task or reminder is past due where the app appears on your main screen. If this could be updated or at least an option available, I feel this app would blow all others similiar out of the water. Great app but always room for slight improvements.
If you are looking for something more capable than the Reminders app that iDevices come with for managing tasks...this is it. To get you started, gTasks will import all your current tasks from Reminders. Easy and Very helpful. Sub tasks are great. Even allows geographic alerts when you arrive/leave a destination, many task apps do not support this. Plus, I do not have to deal with the oversized type fonts built into Reminders, I can see more of what I need to see with less scrolling. One purchase and I have it on my iPhone and iPad. I've stopped using Reminders all together, choosing gTasks instead. Works well. No hiccups after 3 weeks of steady use.
Best Task App
This is the best task/ to do/ list app I have used. I've tried dozens of others and none compare to the simplicity and usefulness of this one. I was able to use all the features within minutes. I love the sub-task feature. I am looking forward to see what new features the developer will come up with next.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 02, 2014
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yaniv Katan
- © Yaniv Katan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.