Guarded Key - Password Manager
By Robert Janik
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Guarded Key is the most secure password manager which uses encrypted database to store all your online identities, bank accounts, credit/debit cards, contact information, product codes (software activation keys, serial numbers, registration codes).
Optional iCloud - Synchronize iPhone/iPod/iPad and Mac OS X devices.
FREE VERSION: Never expires, no ads, up to 64 records in the database (16 passwords + 16 cash items + 16 contacts + 16 products)
FULL VERSION: Never expires, no ads, unlimited records in the database
Other supported platforms: Windows, Ubuntu Linux
Demo database: load it and see Guarded Key in action!
Encrypted database is stored on your device. Use cloud service to enable database mirroring and synchronize data on all your devices from the cloud. The database uses very strong encryption, so database in the cloud and upload/download is absolutely safe. Local database on the device is the primary data source for the app. If the cloud service (or the internet) is not accessible for any reason, the app works with local database and you have your data under total control (unlike online password managers). Transition between offline and online is made seamlessly without any user interaction. You can always backup/restore data through iTunes on your desktop computer.
Each record in the database is encrypted with 4096-bit key and 8 layers of encryption consisting of different encryption standards (AES, Triple DES, Blowfish, Twofish). Encrypted database can only be accessed after providing username and password (this is the only password you have to remember). Database is protected so well, that breaking 10 character password would take on a personal computer 8 billion years.
* One master password - use one password forever
* iCloud - enable cloud service to synchronize data between iOS and Mac OS.
* Portable license - copy your database to USB flash drive and use with desktop/laptop version of the app
* Passwords - manage all your online accounts and passwords, sign into your favorite web sites with one-tap, or copy user name and password into pasteboard
* Automatic (cryptographic) password - let Guarded Key generate strong passwords
* Custom password - enter password manually or generate random password with one tap
* Cryptographic Security Token - dynamic security token based on Certificate/RSA Signature
* Cash - manage bank accounts and credit/debit cards
* Contacts (address book) - names, birth dates, addresses, phone numbers, emails, social networks, Skype id
* Products - product codes, serial numbers, software activation keys
* Animated gauges - visual check of password strength and expiration dates
* Reminders - birthdays and items about to expire
* Strong encryption - 4096-bit key and 8 layers of encryption
* Platform independent - use operating system of your choice
* Browser independence - use with any web browser of your choice
* Automatic sign in - the app starts web browser, navigates to web page and enters username and password
* Shredder - database record is decrypted only when used and shredded (overwritten with zeros) when no longer needed
* Computer and Mobile Device management - enhance safety by authorizing specific computers and mobile devices for Guarded Key sign-in
* User management - add users with their own passwords for access to shared online accounts (great for managing online accounts of your children, companies can manage their online resources and social networks in case of changes in staff)
* Interactivity - open links in web browser, tap on email address to compose email message, dial phone numbers using your wireless carrier or Skype
* Import contacts - import contacts from your device
Guarded Key (Strong password to the Internet)
What's New in Version 1.5.2
New features based on user feedback and reviews. Thank you all for your ideas and valuable insight into how you use the app.
If you haven't already, please, write a review to contribute to a better Guarded Key.
iOS 10 update: fixed iCloud, In-App purchase (buy + restore).
1. Random password generator - Custom password setting now allows to generate random password. Auto-generated (cryptographic) password was for users too difficult to understand, but it is still the default option, because of great advantages - if you accidentally delete a record, you can easily recreate it and recover original password using Provider, Id, Password Length and Password Variation (if you use these values systematically or if you never change passwords), and passwords can be manually synchronized over insecure channels (in case aliens come to earth and destroy or disrupt our communication networks).
2. Password strength indicator - shows password strength using animated gauge. How to use the indication:
Red (insecure password) - easy to crack. Increase password length, use lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and punctuation marks.
Yellow (average password) - could be broken after some effort or easily with supercomputer. Increase safety same way as described earlier.
Green (secure password) - difficult to break into your online account, however using supercomputer and certain amount of time could be broken if the length is less than 12 characters (default value for Guarded Key). If you are a billionaire and use password generator for banking, use at least 15 characters or perhaps even 20. After all Guarded Key is doing all the remembering of long passwords, so why not use really long one (max. length supported 100 characters). Tap on password gauge and the app shows "Password summary", which shows password statistics (length, number of combinations, how much time it takes to break that password).
3. Expiration indicator - shows credit card expiration and product expiration using animated gauge.
4. Optimized for new iPhone and iPad screen resolutions. The list of records is always visible on iPhone with wider screen. Up to 8 different layouts specifically designed for each screen size (16 when considering portrait and landscape mode). Could you imagine so carefully designed app a few years ago?
5. Added support for Split Screen
6. Passwords tab changed - Sign In URL and Account Info moved to lower part of the scrolling list. This allows to display provider, id, password and password strength indicator on the first page without scrolling (especially on smaller screens of iPhone 4S and earlier).
7. Fixed sorting by birth date in Contacts
This is last release, which supports iOS 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Next version will only support iOS 8, 9, 10 and higher.
If you have older device you can continue using older version of Guarded Key, but when the time comes, we recommend upgrading to a device with latest version of iOS. Devices are getting better, faster and have more capabilities, which will allow Guarded Key app to bring new features.
Guarded Key is just getting better every day!
Fantastic Computer Security App
GuardedKey is serious protection for all of your passwords and sensitive data. The designer has taken great care in creating an App that provides a level of protection that’s hard to surpass. It stores all of your passwords and sensitive information and easily syncs it across all of your devices via iCloud. The data doesn’t reside in the cloud, it simply uses the cloud to synchronize. All of the data stays secure in your device behind an amazing curtain of security. After looking at most of the other options in the App Store, I chose this one for its effective use of cryptological tools at a reasonable price. No monthly subscription, no ads, no surprises. The developer has personally assisted me with questions and small issues quickly and with a great attitude. I highly recommend this to anybody who cares about computer security.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 26, 2016
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 20.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Robert Janik
- © Copyright 2011-2017 Robert Janik
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full version$19.99