Your own personal tour guide! Reach a deeper understanding of what's around you - whether you're walking through your local neighborhood, or adventuring on the other side of the world.
If you often find yourself hunched over your phone in public, this app might encourage you to look up and realise how interesting and historically rich your surroundings really are.
This app searches Wikipedia for articles about nearby landmarks and shows them on a map. You can view detailed information about many landmarks: history, interesting facts, statistics, and pictures. Guide Bot has access to over 200000 geo-located articles worldwide, so you should be able to find plenty of information in most cities or tourist spots.
- map mode, showing nearby landmarks
- detail mode, showing the Wikipedia page for that landmark
- to prevent information overload, the app only searches in your surrounding area.
- customize the number of on-screen landmarks and the search radius
- quick launch buttons for contextually relevant apps (can be disabled in settings)
- James Hudson
- 7.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c)2013 James Hudson
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.