Learn guitar scales FAST with the #1 practice buddy and scale trainer on the App Store, Guitar Jam Tracks by Ninebuzz.
But that’s not all. It can also help you jam, improve your rhythm, and get comfortable performing with other musicians. Fun!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“This app is amazing! I'm now knee deep in scales practice and this makes learning scales and scale patterns so much more fun. I'm an intermediate player that has always gotten by with just "winging it" on solos and learning scales....this app has improved my playing and the motivation to practice each day. You won't be disappointed as the price is less than another book of scales and theory.” MusicmanJoe10, March 9, 2016
“This app is the best for learning scales....modes.....in all keys......also has a chord tab for each mode in all of the keys. I've tried many methods and this is the best.....allows you to jam out and find your own voice...you're own way of expressing yourself on the guitar. Also has great lick dictionary if you can draw yourself away from jamming......seriously good. Period.” Urdliness, May 9, 2016
"I've never been more satisfied with an instructional app. It's simple, approachable interface makes interacting to learn more simple and fun." Elmo, March 19, 2015
- - -
Cheaper than a theory book, and way more fun.
• The simple design means you’ll spend more time playing, less time learning the app
• Great for beginner, intermediate, and lifelong jammers
• Comes with 5 great sounding backing tracks in blues, rock and other styles
• "Auto-looping" playback for interruption-free practice
• Change keys on-the-fly to grow your skills and keep things fresh
• Includes easy-to-read scale charts with zoom feature
• The perfect backing band on the go. Just pick a key and jam!
NINEBUZZ AWARDS & HIGHLIGHTS
- "Essential Tools for Guitar" (WIRED Magazine)
- "Top 25 Best Guitar Apps" (Guitar World)
- "Best Apps of the Week" (Gizmodo)
- "Best New Apps” (Apple)
- "Top 5 Apps for Guitarists" (iPhoneAppCafe)
- A Major / A Minor
- B Major / B Minor
- C Major / C Minor
- D Major / D Minor
- E Major / E Minor
- F Major / F Minor
- G Major / G Minor
- Acoustic Blues
- Humbucker Blues
- Modern Rock
+ In-App Store!
- Major/Minor Pentatonic + Blues
- Major & Minor
- - -
HOW IT WORKS
1. Pick a key to start playing the track.
2. Tap 'Chords' to see what chords are being played (rhythm)
3. Tap 'Scales' to see the scale charts for that key (lead)
CHANGE THE STYLE AT ANY TIME!
Learn the chord progression for each track, and then jump over to practicing scales. Guess what? There are only 5 'shapes' of a scale to memorize! Once you know them up and down, learn where they start for each key. Soon, you'll be able to solo like a pro.
TIPS FOR THE SCALE CHARTS
- Black dots are regular notes.
- Red dots are 'root notes'. These are notes of the key you are in.
- Blue dots are 'passing notes'. Including these notes puts you in a Blues mode.
- - -
A GREAT INVESTMENT
You will get hours and hours of use out of this little app. Practicing guitar shouldn't be boring - download this app today and make practice fun!
SO EASY TO USE
We created the simplest, fastest and most enjoyable way to practice guitar on a mobile device. Just tap a key and hit play!
Practicing your scales is the best way to get comfortable with the fretboard. Once your learn the 5 different shapes of the pentatonic scale in every key, you'll be able to play along and solo to nearly any song!
CREATED BY GUITARISTS, FOR GUITARISTS
Fixed 'Restore' bug with in-app purchases.
Fixed Audiocopy bug.
Fixed some incorrect Aeolian / Ionian scale charts.
Fixed some incorrect Phrygian charts.
Ratings and Reviews
I'm old - 61 - been playing forever, a strummer, G-D-A all night long. Always wanted to be able to play leads. I have a pretty good ear, wanted to know how to play a lead in a given key. I get together a couple of times a year to play with friends. I took lessons for one year about 2 years ago, didn't learn much. Then I found this app. I know it's trite to say it took my playing to a whole new level but it's true. In 40+ years of playing, this is the single biggest difference-maker in my playing. I got together with my buddies in March to jam and on every song, I'd hit the foot switch on my Marshall and play a lead on my Les Paul. They really were astonished. They kept laughing & giving me crap - "Who ARE you??" They just couldn't believe it. I ended every song by shouting, "Jam Tracks - $4.99!" 😀 Everyone learns differently, I get that. I call this the chimpanzee method - big dots to show you where to put your fingers. It's so simple. Now I hear a song I like, I just slide up the low E string til I hear the root note & go from there. It has boosted my playing enjoyment by 10,000%. I friggin love this app.
Almost nailed it.
Key being ALMOST! I really liked this app as I was getting into improvising a lot of blues. Super useful for that purpose. But a couple things would make this an easy 5 stars.... First, needs to have a variable tempo feature. When learning new stuff it's super beneficial to be able to start slow and speed up as you improve. This app has songs at different tempos but if you want to play a medium tempo Texas blues jam you are out of luck. It's either really fast or really slow. Most of the "styles" are set up the same. Also the are no flats or sharps in regards to key selection. Not that big of a deal but wanted to mention it. I still like the app and recommend for those just looking to practice lead but give me tempo control and I would LOVE this app. Heck I would pay for that feature. As is I'm still on the hunt for the "perfect app".
So much less than it should be
Update: I found the app this should be and it's iReal Pro. It has the features I wanted. A little clunky and more expensive but not the disappointment this was.
I got this app hoping it would help me practice improvising over jazz chord progressions. I found it to be of little value because:
* For jazz, there is only one jam track (yes the description says this, but it's still not enough)
* When the track plays, it doesn't show you where you what chord is currently being played
* The scale presented for jazz is the pentatonic scale, which is a simple scale for the blues, not a common jazz scale to my mind
* There are no additional jazz tracks available for add-on purchase
* The scale modulations provided include only A-B-D-D-E-F-G. What about B flat, which with its two flats is more common than B with its five sharps? E flat? Etc.
* When I talked with Ninebuzz about the limitations, they expressed the opinion that my expectations are not appropriate given how the application is described. They have no plans to improve the application that were related to me.
With some simple changes like the inclusion of just a few more tracks, more representative scales, and a highlight of the current chord during playback, this would be a valuable app. Currently, I find it not to be worth having and it seems Ninebuzz is unlikely to improve it.
- Ninebuzz Software LLC
- 348 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Ninebuzz Music Tech
- In-App Purchases
- Modal Jam: Mixolydian $0.99
- Modal Jam: Dorian $0.99
- Midnight Blues $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.