Guitar Jam Tracks - Scale Trainer & Practice Buddy
By Ninebuzz Software LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"Top 25 Best Guitar Apps 2013" - Guitar World
"Essential Tools for 2012" - WIRED Magazine
"A truly useful practice tool." - Guitar World
Best Apps of the Week - Gizmodo
Watch GUITAR WORLD's Review:
Welcome! Join our growing family of 300,000 users worldwide! This award-winning app includes 13 essential styles for mastering your guitar. Each style has 2 backing tracks transposed in every key (major and minor).
MAKES LEARNING GUITAR FUN
Practice jamming, learning scales and soloing to 13 great sounding jam tracks right from your Mac! Our easy-to-read scale charts show you exactly where to put your fingers to start sounding like a pro. See for yourself why thousands of guitarists love our jam track apps!
NINEBUZZ AWARDS AND HIGHLIGHTS
- Guitar World - Top 15 Guitar Apps
- Gizmodo - Best Apps of the Week
- IK Multimedia (Makers of Amplitube/iKlip) - App of the Week
- Premier Guitar - Pocket Power Tools
- Apple - Featured - What's Hot
- Apple - Featured - Band in your Hand
- AppAdvice - "You'll be anxious to practice your chords and scales"
- iPhoneAppCafe - Top 5 Apps for Guitarists
- Acoustic Blues
- Garage Rock
- Humbucker Blues
- Lonesome Prison Blues
- Midnight Blues
- Modern Rock
- Texas Trouble
- Modal Jam: Dorian
- Modal Jam: Phrygian
- Modal Jam: Lydian
- Modal Jam: Mixolydian
- Pentatonic + Blues
- Major / Minor
- Dorian Mode
- Phrygian Mode
- Lydian Mode
- Mixolydian Mode
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Pick a key to start playing the track.
2. See the scale charts for that key (lead)
3. Tap "Chords" to the what chords are being played (rhythm)
CHANGE THE STYLE AT ANY TIME!
Learn the chord progression for each track, and then jump over to practicing scales. Guess what? There are only 5 'shapes' to the scales to memorize! Once you know them up and down, learn where they start for each key. Soon, you'll be able to solo like a pro. Gain more versatility by playing in different modes.
TIPS FOR THE SCALE CHARTS:
- Black dots are regular notes.
- Red dots are 'root notes'. These are notes of the key you are in.
- Blue dots are 'passing notes'. Including these notes puts you in a Blues mode.
PLEASE VISIT NINEBUZZ.COM/FAQ FOR HELP
PRACTICE SCALES WITH EASE
Scale charts are included for every style and key. We show you where to put your fingers - just start playing a track, load up the scales and go! You're instantly jamming with the band.
FOR RHYTHM AND LEAD PLAYERS
Every track has a listing of chords that are used in the track, along with scale charts - practice rhythm or lead with ease!
A GREAT INVESTMENT
You will get hours and hours of use out of this little app. Practicing guitar shouldn't be boring - download this app today and make practice fun!
IT'S SO EASY TO USE
We created the simplest, fastest and most enjoyable way to practice guitar on a mobile device. Just tap a key and hit play!
Practicing your scales is the best way to get comfortable with the fretboard. Once your learn the 5 different shapes of the included scales, you'll be able to play along and solo to nearly any song!
CREATED BY GUITARISTS, FOR GUITARISTS
Don't fear the fretboard — conquer it one scale at a time with Guitar Jam Tracks!
Like us on Facebook to stay in touch:
What's New in Version 2.0
A) HUGE UPDATE:
- Added 8 new styles!
- Added sharps/flat keys!
- Smoother animations
- Improved Icon
- Updated Design
- Left-Handed Mode
B) KNOWN BUGS:
- We've discovered two potential issues that we are fixing immediately. If you discover these in your app, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) For existing users, app crashes on 10.8.5
2) Audio plays out of tune/fast for some users (this is possibly due to an incompatibility with 3rd party audio devices.
Please email us if you experience any of these issues. We are working with Apple to resolve them ASAP. Thanks for your patience!
This app is great. I use it at work on my lunch break or in between renders. Finally got some new tracks. Thanks for that. Great app though and worth the money. Thanks.
I like Jam Tracks because of it’s simplicity…
Although, it could use a little more functionality.
Chord progressions and scale patterns can't to be viewed at the same time.
It’s important to understand the best note choices(chord tones) in relation to the chords.
As opposed to just running through scales tones (other than the Root & b5 or Blues note).
I do like the Modal tracks…!
Other then that… its a great app!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 18, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 2.09 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ninebuzz Software LLC
- © 2012-2014 Ninebuzz Software, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor