The Guitar Pro application allows all musicians to view and play sheet music and tablature made with the famous Guitar Pro tab-editing program for Windows and Mac.
This mobile version is the ideal companion for you to practice your favorite songs and share them at any time, anywhere! Coming up with some arpeggio, a riff, a chord sequence? You can now note and save it all on the single-track tablature NotePad.
Powerful score player
• Supporting GP3/4/5/6/7 (.gp) and PowerTab (.ptb) file formats,
• Tab (with rhythms), slash, and standard notations,
• Compatible with mySongBook portal to sheet music (monthly subscription excluded),
• Load files via WiFi and web browser, iTunes, e-mail,
• Integrated sheet-music library with search, filters, and favorites,
• Multitrack player with soundboard: volume / solo-mute / soundbanks,
• Metronome and visual countdown,
• 3 zooming levels,
• Guitar or bass fretboard (for right- and left-handers), and virtual keyboard,
• On-the-fly tempo changes,
• On-the-fly global transposing by half-tones,
• Playing any selection in loops,
• Simplified navigation between sections,
• E-mailing files directly from the application,
• Exporting files to PDF,
• Compatible with the Fretlight Wireless Guitar.
NotePad tool to create a tablature
• Use the NotePad to edit a single-track tablature for guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele, and mandolin,
• Tablature for 4- to 8-string instruments,
• 19 built-in sounds,
• Customizable tuning and tempo,
• Export your ideas into Guitar Pro 6 and 7 formats so as to later carry on with your composition on the Guitar Pro desktop version.
The app will be updated frequently, so feel free to contact our team to send a question or give your feedback.
For more info:
Need help: https://support.guitar-pro.com
Q: Can I create or edit sheet music with this app?
A: Unlike Guitar Pro for Windows and Mac, this app does not let you change the notation in an existing Guitar Pro file, or create sheet music in standard notation. It is however possible to edit a single-track tablature with the NotePad tool. Editing a drum track is not available with the NotePad tool.
Q: Can I open the sheet music I have purchased on mySongBook with this app?
A: If you bought a single tab or a songbook (single buying option) on mySongBook.com you can read your purchased music with the app but you cannot print it. If you use the monthly subscription, it is currently not possible to access your sheet music.
Thanks for using Guitar Pro! We provide regular updates so it continues to work great for you.
This new version improves compatibility with Guitar Pro 7 files and allows:
- Reading 9 and 10 strings tabs
- Opening password protected files (files locked in Guitar Pro 7 software to prevent opening or editing a music score).
Ratings and Reviews
It doesn’t connect to my fretlight guitar.
I bought this app. To learn how to play songs. I search on the internet to find out why it doesn’t connect to my fretlight it has the bottom I pres to connect and nothing happens for me to writing this is because I being trying for the past 2 days to make it work and nothing happens I try to email you and ask me for user Id ? I bought it here in App Stores what user name ?
Incredibly useful tool for learning difficult songs. But the interface is clunky as hell. Make a persistent play/pause button. I’m hitting it constantly and I have to tap the screen to bring it up. Why? Also the playback isn’t in sync with the marker as it moves across the staff. It’s off by like 1/4 note and really hurts the utility of that function. You can change the size of the staff, but that function isn’t very useful either since it does nothing to fit more notes on the screen. It just makes the staff tiny with a lot more white space. Still, it’s super useful to have all my tabs available all the time so I’d still recommend the app overall.
I expected it to be more like the pc version.
We want multitrack capabilities,we want drums,we want a better sounding guitar tone,we want what we paid for. This was not worth 7 bucks. Don’t download this crap
- Arobas Music
- 35 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Arobas Music
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.