Guitar Scales & Chords Power
By Thomas Gunter
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Easy to use app that helps you see the relationship between scales and chords, which ones work best together and is a great scale and chord reference. Hear scales playing over chords to help choose scales to work on.
• Display and playback scale positions and chords covering the fretboard
• Information on scales and chords including which ones to play together
• Awesome sound - scale, chord & note playback (separate or together)
• Practice scales playing along with adj. speed loops (full position or one octave)
• Metronome with drum and click voices to work on timing
• Create PDF diagrams of scales (positions or full fretboard) & chords (full fretboard)
• Circle of Fifths diagram to help learn key signatures and common chords in each key
• Universal app - Purchase once and use on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
• All features are included! - NO need for in app purchases
Scale and chords are shown in positions or all notes, covering the fretboard in any key. Notes can be displayed showing the letter name, interval and fingering. Chords and scales can be played at the same time allowing you to hear how a scale sounds played over a chord.
Learn scales by seeing and playing along with five patterns that cover the full fretboard for each scale. Scale positions correspond to the popular CAGED system. The CAGED system chord shape for the current position of a scale is displayed to help you learn and remember scale positions in any key.
Practice scales using the scale playback loop. Play along with one octave or the full scale position until you stop the loop. Playback speed is adjustable allowing you to start slow and speed up as you master each scale position.
Metronome has eleven time signatures, beat subdivisions, tap to set BPM and click or drum voices. Practicing with the metronome will improve timing and overall ability.
Create PDF diagrams (color or b&w) of scale positions or all scale notes on a full fretboard; also, all chord notes on a full fretboard. Simple to create, preview and share 8.5” x 11” PDFs as email attachments.
Use the Circle of Fifths diagram to help learn key signatures, compose music (find common chords in each key) and transpose songs to a different key.
Pentatonic etc: Major & Minor Pentatonic, Blues (Minor Blues), Major Blues
Major scale modes: Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian (Natural Minor) and Locrian
Harmonic Minor modes: Harmonic Minor, Phrygian Dominant (Spanish Gypsy)
Melodic Minor modes: Melodic Minor Ascending (Jazz Minor), Dorian b2 (Javanese), Lydian Augmented, Lydian Dominant (Overtone), Mixolydian b6 (Hindu), Locrian Sharp2 (Half-Diminished), Super Locrian (Altered)
Symmetrical scales: Chromatic, Half/Whole Diminished (Octatonic), Whole/Half Diminished, Whole Tone
Miscellaneous scales: Bebop Dominant
Major: Major, maj7, maj9, maj13, 6, add9, 6/9
Minor: m, m7, m9, m11, m13, m6, m(maj7), m7b5
Dominant: 7, 9, 11, 13, 7sus4
Altered Dominant: 7b5, 7#5, 7b9, 7#9
Other Chords: Augmented, dim7, Power, sus2, sus4
• Simple user interface
• Swipe strings to play scales and chords
• Direction of swipe determines low/high or high/low playback
• Notes are highlighted as played to aid in learning
• Scale loop button - plays repeating loop of scale position
• Play a scale and chord at same time to hear how they sound together
• Playback speed is independently adjustable for scales and chords
• Scale and chord positions covering the complete fretboard
• Shows CAGED system chord shape for scale positions
• Display note – letter, interval or fingering
• Create and share PDFs of scales and chords
• Right or Left handed guitar display
• Supports 47 alternate tunings (listed below in: What's New in Version 1.9.0)
• Zoom in or out to see complete fretboard (iPhone & iPod)
• iPad UI shows three fretboards: full (scale or chord), scales and chords
• No ads
What's New in Version 1.9.1
Updates for iPad Pro
Other minor improvements
Thanks for the feedback and reviews!
Best scales app available
Can't say enough good things about this app. It's incredibly versatile. The $1.99 upgrade is ridiculously inexpensive. This app completely replaces several books and videos I purchased that were 10x the cost. The ability to have access to this much information on my iPad and phone is really a game changer for me. It's one of the best apps I own and I use it almost daily. I highly recommend this app!
Fine additional guitar app
This is a great guitar app with fine features. I find that the Guitar Reference app has many additional features not available here but at an added cost. Both give me extended use in my guitar studies.
Where's the guitar?
Am I the only one to notice that the developer is not even using guitar sounds? Even when you play the stings on the top right?
Three stars for doing it half right.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 15, 2015
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 7.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thomas Gunter
- © 2015 Thomas Gunter
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.