An educational game to learn the location of notes on the fretboard of the guitar and other stringed instruments. Ten instruments are available, including bass (4/5/6 strings), mandolin, ukulele and banjo.
You are presented with a random note on the fretboard, and are offered a variety of choices for the correct answer. Just pick the button corresponding to the correct choice to score a hit!
The new staff training mode also helps you learn the position of notes on the musical staff on the fretboard of your instrument.
As your score gets better and you manage to identify notes faster across the entire fretboard, your working knowledge of the instrument increases!
Game mode provides a fun way to make progress. Work your way through levels of increasing difficulty and compete with your friends!
WHAT ARTISTS SAY ABOUT THE APP
“ Learning the notes on the fretboard is key to any guitarist's development on the instrument, and [Fretuoso] is a neat way to get that info burned into your brain without having to carry a guitar with you everywhere you go. Pretty cool! ”
-- Bryan Beller (Dethklok, Steve Vai, Mike Keneally)
“ This is one of the best apps I've seen in a while. It's simple, fun and educational. Very useful for guitar players as a lot of [them] tend to play by ear and not care much about knowing the fretboard. ”
-- Rick Musallam (Mike Keneally, Gryphon Labs)
- Train your ear while improving your working knowledge of the instrument.
- Learn the position of notes on the musical staff; say goodbye to tabs!
- Eleven different beautiful, realistic-looking instruments! Includes 5 guitars, 3 basses, mandolin, ukulele and banjo.
- Focus your training on particular parts of the fretboard: any range of frets, any subset of the strings.
- Many common tunings are built in, but custom tunings can also be created.
- Visualize your progress on the fretboard; statistics are kept for every fret.
- Smart Learning Engine: the app automatically focuses on sections of the fretboard where you are weaker.
- Integration with Game Center, Twitter and Facebook: compete with your friends and share your progress!
- Left-handed mode is available.
The basic version comes with the full electric guitar instrument. Additional instruments can be purchased from within the app, either separately or as a discounted bundle.
Updates for the latest iPhone devices and iOS 12.
Please e-mail us directly at email@example.com with your questions or requests so we may assist you!
Ratings and Reviews
I'm so please with the options available in this app and the way it allows me to learn in a variety of ways. I can't imagine how it could be better.
Good learning tool
If you want to learn all the notes on the fretboard this is a good app for that. It quizzes you on the note on a given string and fret. You can tap a string to hear the note, to give you a better idea of what it sounds like as well. I'll be playing this a bit till I get good at it. You can also switch it up and change the tuning to basically anything you want because it allows custom tunings in addition to a set of common ones.
It comes with guitar but you can also add other stringed instruments like bass etc.
Yes get it
This app is great. You can get the Free app and it is Actually Useful --as opposed to get it free but unless you buy in app purchases it's worthless like most free apps. So of course I bought the pay one. I've been trying to upgrade my skills by learning the staff notes and corresponding fret notes but always get bored. This is fun. MOST amazing was how quickly I transferred my new knowledge to an actual guitar. The realistic set up made it seem like I had only changed from one guitar to the next. Excellent Job!!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Catloaf Software LLC
- 133.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Catloaf Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Bass Guitar $0.99
- All Instruments $3.99
- Ukulele $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.