GuitarTuna – Tuner for Guitar, Bass and Ukulele
By Yousician Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GuitarTuna is the easiest, fastest and most accurate tuner app in the world!
The ultimate tuner for guitar, bass, ukulele and all popular string instruments. GuitarTuna has been downloaded over 20 million times and is used by beginners and experts!
Why is it the world’s most popular tuner ever built?
• Simple and easy to use. Works with both electric and acoustic guitars and string instruments using the built-in microphone. No cables needed.
• Perfect for complete beginners. Recommended by guitar teachers.
• Simple and intuitive. Clear visual feedback with signal history.
Award winning audio technology:
• Built on the world's most advanced audio recognition algorithm - the same technology powering Yousician
• Professional accuracy for advanced players
• Auto mode tuner (for super fast tuning, hands-free, string by string)
Advanced tools for all musicians:
• Metronome: set at any tempo, change the beat manually or by tapping at the desired speed
• 6 Ultimate Chord Learning Games: learn, practice and master chords, and develop the ability to recognize them by ear
• Chord library: find any chord diagram easily and hear how it should sound
• Learn Guitar Songs: 4 songs with guitar notation (tabs) to play along and test your skills
• Alternative tuning sets
(we are working on the chromatic tuner feature, thanks for the suggestions!)
• Electric and acoustic guitars
• Many other string instruments
Over 100 tunings available, including:
• Other drop tunings
• Open tunings
• Half step down
• 7-string tunings including drop-A
• Works in noisy areas, with background noise cancellation technology
• Designed by guitarists for guitarists and developed by the world’s leading audio engineers
• Improve your skills in chords, riffs, tabs, and ear training, and increase your picking speed, just like you would with guitar lessons / classes
• make the app look like your instrument by choosing different headstock visuals
Please be careful:
If it is your first time tuning the guitar or instrument, please be careful. We recommend watching a YouTube tutorial or asking a guitar player how it's done. Beginners risk snapping strings with improper tuning techniques.
Send us feedback:
Got ideas to make GuitarTuna even better? Send your ideas and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our other free music learning app:
Yousician - the best way to learn, practice and master the guitar, piano and ukulele
*** Ranked the #1 Education app in 119 countries ****
*** Selected twice as Editor's choice by Apple in 2015 ***
*** Over 25 million users ***
Learn more about Yousician on Youtube and Facebook
What's New in Version 4.0.5
We've updated GuitarTuna with a brand new look and feel. We hope you like it!
If you have any questions or feedback, don't hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com
Guitar Tuna quite helpful
Newbie Guitar players should all get this app as well as experienced players 😍
It has lots of tools but as a tuner app I love that it gives you the tone first so u know what it should sound like as well as green bars that go up and ring when each string is correctly tuned 🎸 it also says what standard tuning is and lets u hit the E string hear the tone then try to match it showing guidelines as to which way to turn then a little touchdown for each correctly tuned string then let's u strum and it says standard tuning 😊
Also has a metronome and other helpful tools and some great games to help you train your ears to hear it all in all great app with links to play along apps that teach you to play 3 songs included in this app and it will say a little early or late etc on the chords or strum so be sure to explore all the aspects of this great app 😊 it's a Great tuner to have on ur phone but also soooo much more if you take the time to explore the other aspects
Like it shows you ALL the chords and where your fingers go on each string and fret so if u want to know how to play a C it shows you but if u move the bottom line it shows u all the variations on a C chord and how they r play Fantastic App❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸
It works but...
This app does everything it's supposed to. However, I've recently been very annoyed with the inner workings. I paid $12 for the full version, and yet I still only have access to 3 custom tunings (which were deleted with no warning in the new update). Now I'm getting notifications to pay more for pro tuning? Is that not what I paid for to begin with? If you're looking to tune in standard only, this gets 5 stars easy. But otherwise, it becomes quickly frustrating.
Worked really well the first time used
This Tuning App worked really well the first time I used it. Some strings were recognized as other strings briefly because they were loose and low, but once tightened, they were recognized correctly. It's actually quite magical when you use it. I couldn't imagine any other way of tuning properly.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 16, 2017
- Version: 4.0.5
- Size: 107 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Yousician Ltd
- © Yousician
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- GuitarTuna Pro$12.99
- All In One$9.99
- Ukulele & Cavaquinho$3.99
- Power Bundle$3.99
- All Chords$6.99
- Open Bundle$3.99
- Bass 4 and 5-string$3.99
- Folk Guitars$3.99
- 7 & 12 String guitars$3.99
- Violin family$3.99