By Peter Deelstra
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An easy-to-use accurate audio/visual tuner for your guitar.
Provides a simple interface to visually check whether the pitch for each string is low or high, and lets you "see" the pitch change as you wind/unwind the string tuning machines. Tuning has never been easier.
Shows exactly how many cents (1/100ths of a semitone) a note is out-of-tune.
- Extremely accurate - within 1 cent (1/100th of a semitone) of each note with sub-second response time.
- Developed in Austin, Texas, the "Live Music Capital of the World".
- Use the standard tuning E-A-D-G-B-E or one of many alternate tunings: regular tunings such as Minor Third, special tunings such Drop D, open tunings such Open C, lower tunings, higher tunings.
- Adjust pitch incrementally from 400 to 480 Hz or up/down a half/full step from A440. (The International Organization for Standardization specifies the frequency for the note A in the treble stave as 440 Hz. ISO 16:1975).
- Tap to hear an accurate note if tuning by ear instead of using visual tuning.
- Enable/disable Auto-string-detect (not recommended for noisy environments).
What's New in Version 2.1
Message for disabled microphone.
I love your feedback. Please send any suggestions or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been using this app for months now, and I can't think of anything I would change. I have not tried any others, but this app is very simple and straight forward. It's on my phone and tablet and always with me. I love the different turnings. I can tune up standard all day long, but non standard takes time. And I wouldn't bother if I was on the road. But this app lets me quickly change and be ready to play . This is my favorite app.
Best tuning app out there
I've tried several tuning apps and devices, including those that come with various effects and amps, or that are included in other programs like Jamup. This app is the one thing that does something better than Jamup.
Why? Accurate, and the interface makes it easy and quick to center the note. And all the alternate tunings are there.
This tuning app won't disappoint, especially if you have tried others.
This app works great. It's the most accurate tuning app I've had. Some others leave your strings a little bit out of tune and you have to tighten up the screws a little bit after you're done, but not this one. Also, the full version contains any tuning range you could need for a guitar, as well as several you probably won't need.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 07, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peter Deelstra
- © 2013 Peter Deelstra
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.