By Peter Deelstra
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An easy-to-use accurate audio/visual tuner for your guitar.
Provides a simple interface to visually check whether the pitch for each string is low or high, and lets you "see" the pitch change as you wind/unwind the string tuning machines. Tuning has never been easier.
Shows exactly how many cents (1/100ths of a semitone) a note is out-of-tune.
- Extremely accurate - within 1 cent (1/100th of a semitone) of each note with sub-second response time.
- Developed in Austin, Texas, the "Live Music Capital of the World".
- Use the standard tuning E-A-D-G-B-E or one of many alternate tunings: regular tunings such as Minor Third, special tunings such Drop D, open tunings such Open C, lower tunings, higher tunings.
- Adjust pitch incrementally from 400 to 480 Hz or up/down a half/full step from A440. (The International Organization for Standardization specifies the frequency for the note A in the treble stave as 440 Hz. ISO 16:1975).
- Tap to hear an accurate note if tuning by ear instead of using visual tuning.
- Enable/disable Auto-string-detect (not recommended for noisy environments).
What's New in Version 2.1
Message for disabled microphone.
I love your feedback. Please send any suggestions or questions to email@example.com
Works great,finally playing again
Works great and simple to use. I always used my tuner on my old digitech pedal. Lost the ac adapter and haven't played in a few years. Got this a few months ago and finally got my bass and electric out and tuned them a lot faster than before. It did the job great and was a lot cheaper than buying a tuner. Im back to fun but still need to find that ac adapter, not for tuning but for the effects. Don't need that for tuning anymore plus one of the switches was going anyways.
I have been using this app for months now, and I can't think of anything I would change. I have not tried any others, but this app is very simple and straight forward. It's on my phone and tablet and always with me. I love the different turnings. I can tune up standard all day long, but non standard takes time. And I wouldn't bother if I was on the road. But this app lets me quickly change and be ready to play . This is my favorite app.
Best tuning app out there
I've tried several tuning apps and devices, including those that come with various effects and amps, or that are included in other programs like Jamup. This app is the one thing that does something better than Jamup.
Why? Accurate, and the interface makes it easy and quick to center the note. And all the alternate tunings are there.
This tuning app won't disappoint, especially if you have tried others.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 07, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peter Deelstra
- © 2013 Peter Deelstra
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.